Green gas vs CO2 for pistols

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by redspy209, Sep 18, 2012.

1. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

Any suggestions? I'm somewhat new to this and I was wondering what the major pros and cons of these two power sources are for sidearms. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Green Gas Pistols:
    More reliable
    Easier to find replacement parts
    More trustworthy manufacturers
    Better warranties

CO2 Pistols:
    A waste of money

3. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

What about price? .

4. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Personally I think $100 for a Green Gas pistol is better than $100 for a CO2 pistol. It depends on who makes it. If it was Y&P (Green Gas) vs Elite Force (CO2) I'd get the Elite Force. But if it was WE (Green Gas) vs KWC (CO2) I'd get the WE.

5. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

How many shots do you get for every charge of green gas?

6. Scarred

Scarred New Member

It depends on the gun. For KWA NS2 guns one charge lasts about three two and a half to three mags. While maybe a WE lasts two mags per charge of gas.

7. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I get 15-20. Temperture also plays a factor. The warmer it is, the more shots you will be able to shoot.

Some GBBPs, like those made by Kjw, can take green gas and co2 mags. I heard the co2 is hard on the hammer and will cause it to break off.

8. Scarred

Scarred New Member

What gun are you using?

9. airsoft-collector

airsoft-collector New Member

Swapping out a Co2 cartridge during a game is pain. Also, green gas has silicone to oil your internals while Co2 is a dry gas.

10. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

Any suggestions for a beginner green gas pistol? Blowback isn't important to me.

11. Scarred

Scarred New Member

What is your budget?

12. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

$80. I get paid to search the Internet and I've been saving up my money for something that I wouldn't want to pay for normally.

13. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I am surprised no one else said it!!!! with green gas pistols you can get Propane adapter. you can buy 2 of the Coleman type propane tanks @ Walmart for like $5. just get a couple bottles of spray airsoft silicone and you are set. the cost over time is much less over the cost of buying those little Co2 cartridges.

14. airsoft-collector

airsoft-collector New Member

Yeah, but you'll smell like rotten eggs using propane. I had enough of that and went to green gas.

15. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    Kjw kpo7 m1911.

20 characters.

16. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

17. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I own one of these, its okay..but the mags are leaky as f and there are cheap plastic parts on it. Go with the WE 1911

18. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    personally I like saving money, so the rotten egg smell is a small price to pay.

19. redspy209

redspy209 New Member

How is the we when it comes to gas usage?