Grenade Launcher and My Loadout

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Joshuary, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Joshuary

Joshuary New Member

Colorado Springs
    Hi! I'm new here new to Airsoft but I am eager to get into the sport.

Anyway, I am thinking of adding a grenade launcher to my loadout. I am going for a practical, CQB-Assault loadout with a G&G M4 Fighting Cat and Colt 1911 from Evike. The M4 has a bottom rail, so should I get an under barrel grenade launcher, or a separate gun? None at all?

Thanks in advance!

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    The running consensus is that it's basically a close range shotgun. Decent for room clearing, but that's roughly it. And honestly, I think most would rather not lug around the extra weight on their gun, but rather carry a couple grenades for room clearing. So if you ask me, intimidation factor for new(er) players, and a ehh decent room clearing tool. Aside from that, my vote is totally against grenade launchers as a whole.

-mobile device-

3. zeiktuvai

zeiktuvai New Member

Fort Gordon
    I would have to agree. I picked up an EGLM for my scar a while back and have really only used it once and that was to clear out an entire room. Really it hasn't been all that useful and I always forget to refill my darn rounds for it. It also added a bit of weight to the weapon but then again my primary is an M60 MK43 so I don't think that quite compares.

4. Joshuary

Joshuary New Member

Colorado Springs
    Would a shotgun be useful for room clearing instead of a grenade launcher?

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    In airsoft a shotgun is the equivalent of a rifle that shoots 3 BBs as opposed to a single. The only thing is that all 3 BBs are going the same direction AND the follow up to the next shot is slower than it would be on a semi-auto rifle/pistol.

For small room clearing, a simple grenade takes the cake. Anything larger and I'd use a semi-auto weapon minimum.
    Now make no mistake, there is still some skill and fines needed to effectively room-clear. But if a grenade isn't at your disposal, then a semi-auto should be your next option. A shotgun is nice, but after the first shot, follow up for the next shot is significantly longer than with a semi-auto. And if you have an auto, well you can pretty much walk in strategically spraying. Though keep in mind this is airsoft, where players defending are more keep to NOT hesitate and the attackers are more likely. to.

So instead of wondering about what tools or accessories you need to clear rooms, practice breaching with team mates and players.

6. Joshuary

Joshuary New Member

Colorado Springs
    Thanks! I'll work on practicing room clearing with my team. Much obliged!