Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first TM Glock and I like it. However I have always preferred the lines of the Gen 2 frame without rails for a flashlight. So I bought a Guarder Gen 2 frame.

Fitting required no real modification and the gun went back together fine. However it would not hold the TM mag which slipped out without any pressure. Not only did the mag not click into place but when I held it in the grip and pulled the trigger all the gas blew out of the mag. So even with pressure the mag was not seated.

The mag is the new type which has cutouts on both sides, These were designed for the new Gen 4 TM Glocks, but it looks like all TM mags come like this now. Newer TM Glocks also have a metal insert in the mag release catch to strengthen it. Their Glock 22 also has it. Whether the Guarder frame was designed only to work with the gen 3 TM Glocks which do not have a metal insert in the mag release, I do not know.

The strange thing is that an old WE Glock mag works fine with the TM and Guarder frame and the new TM mag works fine with the old WE Glock.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe a stronger mag release lever and spring might make the mag a tighter fit. Guarder makes one. Or maybe I should just give up on the gen 2 frame and put the internals back into the TM frame.

I like the Guarder frame. It certainly looks better than the TM one, but not as good as the WE. I prefer the WE polymer.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
It is not 100% compatible with newer TM's. Also be it known...the tolerances for this grip was a bit "off".

From the sounds of it...it maybe seating "low" in the grip. With the upper off...does the magazine "lock" into place?

One user I knew of had a similar issue...and we discovered it was the base of the grip...too thick and when the mag was inserted...the base plate bottomed out too early. We removed the base plate and the mag slipped in and seated. With some sanding of the base...it seated with the mag plate on.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Guges

You are right that the mag catch isn't the problelm.

With the slide off, the mag goes into the grip without a problem and holds.

With the slide back on, it doesn't. The mag doesn't mate properly with the bbu and nozzle.

It must be as you say, that the Guarder tolerances are off.

Pity really as I do like the Gen 2 frame.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Table
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your reply to my post got me thinking again, Guges.

I compared the TM and WE mag baseplates, and there is a very noticeable different in thickness between them - a millimetre or perhaps a little more.

When I removed the baseplate on the TM mag and replaced it with a WE one, the problem was solved.

Thanks again, mate.

·
Administrator
11,385 Posts
So...the same issue...again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts