gun camo

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by chekalote98, Sep 1, 2012.

1. chekalote98

chekalote98 New Member

If i want to paint my gun, should i use primer or is it not necessary? And what are some important things i should do? Just asking

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Well it depends on the paint job. I've sprayed about 4 different guns granted 3 were the same color scheme, but I've never used primer. Just make sure you tape off the areas you don't want to get paint on or in.

3. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    A good paint job is one done right. So that being said the best ressults are achieved when you actually take the gun apart verses laying the full gun down and painting it in one shot. Another thing that really sets good paint jobs apart from okay ones is two tone. So say you want to paint woodland camo or something, so you decide your gonna paint the rail system, stock and receiver woodland, the next in making it look great is choosing what won't be painted. If it where me I wouldn't paint the dust cover, bolts and pins that hold the receiver together, trigger, the fire selector switch and the grip and front and back sights. The reason these well planned paint jobs look so good is because you actually take your time to plan things out.

Note my paint jobs, but you get the idea.

This looks better.....

ForumRunner_20120901_100332.jpg

......then this.

1047DSC00544.JPG

4. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    But the bottom one works better. Black parts tend to stick out.
    It is not necessary to put down primer, but I do recommend going over the parts you will paint with about 400 grit sandpaper if the area is smooth.

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    That may be the case, but if you were to find that to be a problem then you could paint it a solid color, like OD, Tan or whatever works with the camo. I just find a fully painted gun looks far worse then a good two tone job.

Take this image as an example, both look great but the two tone looks better in my opinion.

40870364.jpg

6. Munishin

Goodyear
    I agree with that in some cases.

7. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    A can tend to agree with you on that part.
    I don't like it when people paint everything including the pistol grip on M4s, looks odd.

Note, what happened to your profile pic??

8. Munishin

Goodyear
    Just testing out a new one till I find one that I like.