Gun Chosen, do i go LiPo from start?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Kulprit, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Ok guys thanks so much for help this far.

This is the G&P M4 I have settled on as my first purchase:
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_219&products_id=37369

My question is simple, as my gun does not come with a battery or charger, would it be wise to just go LiPo from the start? Just looking for one battery with this purchase and a charger (and bag I think you need with LiPo correct?

Love to hear your advice, is this gun even able to handle that out of the box?

2. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    7.4 15c or 20c lipo is your best choice. It wont over work your gun while at the same time it will give you better trigger response and ROF.
    I recommend getting one that will fit in the buffer tube instead of the cranestock and make sure you wire it to deans to match the gun.

3. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Yea I should have added here my goal isn't about increasing RPS, it's more about long term value, and longer battery life.

4. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Lipo is the way to go for those goals. Better trigger response and slightly higher rof is just a bonus.

5. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Prior to purchasing and getting it in my hands, is there a reliable way to know what will fit and what won't?

It'd kill me to have the gun arrive only to wait another week or two to fire it, lol

Gun is already wired for Deans and to the back.

6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
  7. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

I could handle a little soldering, if that's all that takes.

I didn't see on the charger description linked on that product page but once battery is wired or deans it would still be compatible to be used for that charger correct?

Charger link: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/263...r-Supports-7-4v-and-11-1v-LiPO-Batteries.aspx

8. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Look on either one of these 2 sites for a lipo & charger. You can get the same battery perfection posted for a fraction of the price. You will still need to rewire it to deans.

www.hobbyking.com
    www.hobbypartz.com

9. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    lipo chargers use the small connector to charge, not the deans or tamiya connectors like standard chargers. You can have any connectors you want because the charging connector will always be the same

10. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Ok head spinning a little from all the specs but would this work?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...tech_1200mah_3S_15_25C_Lipo_AIRSOFT_Pack.html

The prices there are MUCH less, but too good to be true?

I tried to stick to 20c and 120mah like recommended above?

Will it fit in stock or buffer tube? What's benefit if in the tubs btw?

Thanks a lot for your help, so many variables for a first timer, and much harder having no hads on experience, really appreciate it!

11. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That depends on the charger actually. Simple balance chargers usually charge through the balance contact, but more powerful computerchargers actually charge through the main connector and only balance through the balance plug.

You want a 2S 7,4v li-po, an 11,1v li-po is a bit too hot for a stock gun.

12. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Yea the plan is to definitely stick with 7.4, I do not want to burn this thing out lol.

I'll definitely be going with the cheaper standard balance chargers (~$30). Budget already being stretched on the gun, lol, so if LiPoly was more expensive I'd just stick with Ni to start

13. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Ok so here is where I stand.

I am probably going to order tomorrow, since the gun I decided on only seems to be available through Evike.com (strange?) and since i got an 18% off coupon code I am seriously thinking of just buying a LiPo and a charger from them as well. Ease of order to be honest.

I looked at hobbyking and hobbypartz but they are Hong Kong sites no? I assume they will take a long time to arrive? I will use them to order backup of things that aren't time crucial.

I am looking at a 7.5 20c and 1200mah + does that sound good?

My main question is how do I know these will fit? None of them say "buffer tube" or whatever, and a lot don't even have dimensions? Is it safe to assume a certain "Type" will fit? The evike page on the gun says "8.4v SMall Butterfly Type recommended" but I don't see any butterfly type for LiPo?

And will this suffice for the Deans connector I have to solder onto the battery to integrate with my gun? http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_167&products_id=27021

If you guys could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it, I'd love to get this sucker ordered before the weekend!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  14. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I receive my orders from Hobbypartz about a week after make them. Take a look at the Gens Ace batteries. I have had great luck with them and they are inexpensive too.

15. Kulprit

Kulprit New Member

Wow that's pretty good, and the shipping isn't outrageous?

I will def pick up a few extra batteries etc type things from there.

16. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Look into buying an Imax B6 charger, cheap and works well. The charger SHOULD come with charging leads wired to deans, so that will be fine.

17. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Because we are talking about lipo batteries and their power, what would a 11.1v lipo do to an m16 with jg stock m16 motor and 110 spring. The gears are reinforced and shimmed.