gun firing on safe mode

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by osawaab, Dec 26, 2012.

1. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    Hey guys just got a new jg m4 off of airsoft gi about a two weeks ago, its been great so far and have played a couple of games out in the woods and have put about 5000 rounds through it. Ive noticed recently that the gun will fire when it is on safe mode. Though this hasn't affected the performance that i know of its not really safe. Anyone know what could be causing this? It has MOSFET wiring, im hoping its nothing to do with this. Ive heard people say something about the selector switch or a spring in it. Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    It's possible that its your cutoff lever, I don't have experience with that though so I will let someone else take over.

3. BloodyViper

BloodyViper New Member

It could be that the metal piece that stops the trigger from moving could be broken or misplaced, it shouldn't have anything to do with your MOSFET. Plus it's a jg... But open up the gearbox and see if anything is broken or misplaced. I hope I could help.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, this most likely is a problem with the safety catch. Any chance you could take the gearbox out of the receivers? I want to see pictures of the side with the selector plate, the front bottom, and the inside of the lower receiver (where the selector switch is).

5. osawaab

That im a little nervous about doing, i've never really taken it apart before and I would hate to screw it up, then again I work on computers all the time so i guess it cant be too different. Mark each step as you go, take pics of where everything goes, etc.

6. BloodyViper

BloodyViper New Member

You'd be surprised, but have you ever thought about going on YouTube and watching some videos on it, some provide a lot of info.

7. osawaab

I have watched a few

8. osawaab

I guess im sendin it back

9. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    There are a few things:

-fire selector screw is NOT tight, and is not pushing the fire selector plate far enough
    -fire selector plate is broken on the far left side
    -the piece inside the gearbox that stops the trigger is not being triggered by the selector plate

That is all I can think of for now.

10. osawaab

But thats ok ive got my g36