Gun Fixing Thread

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Urbanprodigy, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Now I know there are so many threads on broken guns but I would like to put them together. Plus any other info that some better techs may have. I plan on starting to get good at all this stuff but I can't really tell what is wrong with a gun. So if anybody has tips on how to tell what is wrong with a gun just by how the gun acts or sounds or really whatever.

I plan on quoting everybody who has helpful information into one post every once in awhile just so if anybody else is looking for the info they just need to look in one place and not read the entire thread or multiple threads for that matter.

2. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Get a picture of a opened up gearbox and double check to see If It matches. Isn't there already a troubleshooting guide on this?

3. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

What about opened gearbox? My gun isn't broken and I know where everything goes I jut want to get good at fixing guns. I'll check, I searched a bunch of titles but I didn't think of the word troubleshooting lol.

Edit: All the troubleshooting threads were on people's specific problems. I plan to put all info in one place for easy access

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  4. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Can this be pretty oblivious stuff or just really hardcore tech stuff ....like can I say if your fps is very inconsistent you have a compression problem??

5. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Yeah really anything works. I was thinking lots of specifics like as to why a gun would only shoot on full or semi auto an not the other (just an example but if you know why not post). But I guess I should not decline info for people who don't know that yet just because I do. This is not only for me. This will(hopefully) help lots of people

6. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Worn cut off lever. I know a little like the basics even though I've never got into a gearbox. Guys like DM, ED1Ist and Alex seem to know a whole lot. If you need certain info I'm sure they could help out.

7. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Yeah see that's the thing. I don't really know all that can go wrong with a gun. That's why I just want people to post everything and anything they know. That seems to be my biggest issue. Not knowing what can go wrong makes me feel uncomfortable trying to fix a gun and finding out I have no idea what went wrong.

8. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Well the gun not shooting (if the motor is making noise) can be due to bad motor height or a locked up gb. (those or just some of the more common ones there are many others.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    normally, one would replace broken parts. diagnosis is through experiencing that similar problem. i have attempted a similar project but i found that i lacked experience in every gearbox version. a flowchart would be a good start, but it will branch off containing information on every type of gearbox design. this project is way too time consuming and i would rather spend the time with experimentation than research.

10. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

My g36's semi auto doesn't work sometimes. It sounds like the motor turns part way but it doesn't shoot. My full auto does work though, but yesterday it didn't for a couple of minutes. When I went inside the gun I saw these two wires and one of them was chewed up ripped in one spot. Does anyone know if that is the problem or how to fix it?

11. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Yes, that is a problem. Try replacing the wiring since the wiring on the JG g36's isn't the greatest anyway.

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

That's not a option unless I take it somewhere to get fixed. How much should that run cost wise?

13. TheAirsoftTech

Depends, any where between 10$-30$ from what I'v seen. But, as for someone installing it for you, that all depends on how much your tech charges.

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Okay thanks I will email my field about it.

15. TheAirsoftTech

Yup, remember, GB work isn't that hard... believe me. It just takes some patience. :)

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Oh I noticed the wire when removing the barrel and hop up out and I had some trouble getting the hop up and outer barrel back in so....

17. ceezy

ceezy New Member

Hey guys I have a G&G xtreme45 and for some reason sometimes it wont make a full cycle and blowback and ill have to pull the slide back to shoot again. (This happens alot). Does anyone know why this might be happening?

18. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Does it lack the power to pull back and forth? Where does the slide stop at?

19. ceezy

ceezy New Member

It will barely even move, Oh and i opened it to see if anything seems broken and the only thing is a metal rod that guides the slide is cracked could that be the issue? But sometimes (rarely) it will blowback fully...

20. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I read that that gun does not blow back fully, that was the way it was made I belive.