Gun for Brother

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by ChuckWheat, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ChuckWheat

ChuckWheat Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    So I'm researching into a gun to get for my brother. We're going to check out some local fields this month.
    He'd like an M4 with some rails, and relatively short so it's easier for cqb, but also be able to swap in a longer ~400mm barrel for outdoor milsim.

I'm currently looking at the G&G CM16 SRL and the G&P CQBR "widow maker".
    What are some of the differences? Which would you recommend?
    I'm leaning toward the G&P because I've heard that G&P is a little bit more step-up in terms of both externals and internals.
    He probably won't be doing much internal upgrades besides a shim/aoe, maybe sorbo, motor later on, mosfet for lipo.

Thanks for your help everyone :)

2. Tyrnek

Tyrnek Member

Between those two, there's really no question. Go for the G&P - top tier externals, and the internals are solid enough to last for a while.

Considering you're seriously looking at getting a G&P, I'd also recommend taking a look at VFC's offerings. Their externals aren't as nice as G&P's, but their internals are much higher quality (except for maybe the autoshimming gears, but those can be removed and shimmed normally... just buy a couple of extra shim packs in that case).

3. ChuckWheat

ChuckWheat Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    alright, i'll add vfc to the list, but i'm trying to keep it under 300 for the stock gun. Thanks :)

Edit:
    so far i see the VFC VR16 CQBR, and the G&P M4 CQB-R, I'm also seeing the ARES Amoeba 10" m4.
    How do they compare up?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  4. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    Actually, its the other way around. VFC takes the cake in externals, but G&P has the better internals. I would take the G&P over them both. The ARES is, eh. The VFC I would replace a bit internally. If you keep it stock and arent too stressful on the gun it should last a while.

5. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise

Yeah like the poster above said, it's the other way around.. VFC has better externals, G&P has better internals. Both are pretty good brands though.

6. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    I have seem a G&P bevel snap under stock parts. Also the shimming on G&P gearboxes (as far as I have seen) are bad and the whole gearbox is essential running on hopes and dreams. Thats my 2 cents.

7. ChuckWheat

ChuckWheat Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    That sounds like just a bad shim.
    I'll be teaching my brother how to shim :). (as soon as I master it myself)

8. ChuckWheat

ChuckWheat Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    Alright, If that's the case, then the G&P is looking pretty good right now.

Is there any difference between the G&P "Zombie Killer" G&P "Widow Maker", and the G&P "Custom Navy Seal"?

9. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    Not really, just slightly different externals, with different receiver engravings.

10. ChuckWheat

ChuckWheat Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    we ended up going with the G&P M4 CQBR "zombie killer" from evike. It was on sale. $225 USD. We got him a suppressor and a longer tighter barrel as well. Some madbull bucking and h-nub. I'll give it a shim, aoe, radius, and sorbo when it gets here. It'll serve him well :)

Thanks for your help everyone.

11. Falco

Falco Well-Known Member

Atlanta
    When I saw the title of this thread I totally thought you were trying to trade your brother for a gun (whether as a joke or not I didn't know)...

Sorry for random post, but I couldn't help my self :p.

12. ChuckWheat

ChuckWheat Member

San Francisco Bay Area
    I see that now XD

13. kalaka

kalaka New Member

Metro Area
    Maybe we should clarify first how much you like your brother. :D

14. KillerWhale

KillerWhale Member

Cleveland
    Hello ChuckWheat, I'm selling a G&G combat machine and it's great for CQB and Outdoor gameplay I've played in both and it's never failed me or let me down. It is upgradable and is a great starter for someone who wants a easy gun to upgrade.

The gun will come with everything you see here

ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1442336744.590353.jpg

Please PM me if you have anymore questions.

15. Tyrnek

Tyrnek Member

... he already got a gun. Let a dead thread rest.

16. KillerWhale

KillerWhale Member

Cleveland

It doesn't say he got a gun

17. Tyrnek

Tyrnek Member

Yes it does. 2020202020

18. kalaka

kalaka New Member

Metro Area
    Wow, you're a nice brother! I was gonna suggest a CQB sniper rifle upgraded to a 200mm loose bore barrel and an upside down hop-up.