Gun for my little brother.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Southpawlegend, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I'm getting my little brother a gun to get into airsoft he's 12 and growing so I was thinking like a boneyard m4 that I could fix up for him any other suggestions?

Edit Jg/Cyma top price 150$ for initial.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Vandal

Vandal New Member

Atlanta
    We need a pricerange, and what you think he would want as in ROF, ect..

3. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    He doesn't really understand what any of it is at the moment so I want to just get him a gun make it work and wait till he says what needs improvements haha

Edit: I was thinking a m4 just because they can be customized to fill whatever role he thinks hell want to be

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. Vandal

Vandal New Member

Atlanta
    I would get him an echo 1, Troy. They are decently reliable, and a good beginner gun. Their price is around 200$ish.

5. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Na I don't like echo 1 their guns have been crap in the past for me.
    And that's to high a price.

6. Vandal

Vandal New Member

Atlanta
    Echo 1 makes some crap guns and some good guns, I have had a lot of experience with the troy and it's a decent rifle. But if you really dont like echo 1, then go with something like a combat machine.
    Edit: just saw your price range edit, the combat machine will run you at about 150$

7. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    Thank you I may be grabbing two because I want to get him one as stated before and then get my self one to make a high rof build for shits and gigs.

8. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    M4s and AKs are great stater guns. Look at the airsoft megastore pre owned guns.

9. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    My only question is... Where the hell does the Battery go with a crane stock and rails?

10. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    If its crane stock in the stock usually if it has tac trails on it you don't take it off...

11. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    What about a dboys full metal/full metal reinforced gearbox?

12. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Ok Why not get him a gun thats good out of the box so he enjoys playing the first time,Here stretch your budget by 30$ And here is something he will love and you can use a coupon. http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_485&products_id=35201

edit:If you get the 200$ one and use there 20% of coupon it will only be 160$ But its full metal so it may be a bit heavy for him.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  13. Southpawlegend

Salisbury
    I'm trying to get. 80-100$ boneyard gun so I have 50-70$ to fix/ upgrade it

14. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    Well trust me that king arms has shs gears in it already.It shoots 20 rps,And shoots 380-390 fps,And is reliable.Trust me man if you shim it and do diy mods.It will be the perfect gun for him to start with.

15. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    As I always say, Echo 1 is like a box of chocolates. Ya never know whatcha gonna get.

16. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Go airsoft megastore and try find one. I can vouch for their pretty decent quality boneyard stuff. Also evikes box of random stuff

I'd suggest going with a plastic version since he's so young. More forgiving then a pot metal body. But it can be vice versa in some cases.

But anyways, find something in your price range. JG, CYMA, DBoys, whatever.

If he plays video games, try to find out which ia his favorite gun. Or something lol.

17. heckler416

heckler416 New Member

Clive
    I would get him a combat machine. Most of them are polymer, so its really light, but yet durable. And they're are like around 140-200

18. soviet

soviet New Member

CYMA AKS-74U. It has a foldable stock and is somewhat shorter.

19. Psymon

Psymon New Member

Pasadena
    I'm returning one that I bought for my son... Theres a lot of wobble, the hop up cannot be adjust down enough to shoot strait, and the rail that is built into the gun is too thick for a quick attachment style optic.. The rail is the reason why I'm returning it tho.. Can't put my $600 Eotech 553 on my $200 gun.. LoL sounds funny but... I just a bit disappointed with the quality.

20. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013