Gun help

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by n00bLuke, Oct 1, 2012.

1. n00bLuke

n00bLuke New Member

I have an echo1 zombat that has a systema motor, and a few other upgrades. I was wondering if it would be worth fixing the things that are wrong new hop up, new gears, and the wiring needs to be redone. Also, I am not good with AEGs whatsoever the only reason I have this one is because I got it for 20 bucks with a smart charger. So my question is should I send in my gun to get it fixed by some site ( get it wired to the rear and the above problems) or just sell it.

OH and also the charging handle is broken, the spring is bad

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
  2. TYwalde15

TYwalde15 New Member

Willmar
    If i were you i would fix it up and sell it.

3. n00bLuke

n00bLuke New Member

If I were to fix it up I wouldn't sell it

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Wouldn't make much sense to fix then sell it. Either sell it broken or fix it and keep it.

New gears are gonna run you around $25 for a cheap basic set
    Hop up with the bucking and nub is about $25
    Wiring is about $10, plus another $5-$10 for the connectors
    Cheap charging handle $15
    Add in $30 for the grease, lube, shims, and other miscellaneous things you'll need, and you're looking at about $100 just to fix the things you listed. Keep in mind, this is YOU fixing them, if you give the gun to a tech you'll honestly be much better of purchasing a brand new gun.

IF you do decide to upgrade/fix it, you might as well upgrade the thing. And by upgrade, I mean longevity upgrades. As in things to make the gun last the test of time, not necessarily shoot 400+ FPS

5. n00bLuke

n00bLuke New Member

I only need the bucking and nub, and I don't necessarily need to re wire it, but the others are needed (the charging handle not really doesn't effect performance at all.) I just need a new peq box battery.

6. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    The other alternative is getting a drop in gearbox (about $70) and replacing the hop-up parts.
    OR
    you can buy a second-hand gun locally and swap gearboxes and hop-up parts.

There are a couple other things, but I'm trying to stick to the easier/cheaper, "normal" options.

A basic PEQ box wouldn't be too much. But I'm now thinking, if you need new gears, you probably need to replace the piston and the other gearbox internals also.

7. n00bLuke

n00bLuke New Member

What would you do in this situation, I mean its a nice gun, just has a few things wrong with it. (I might even be wrong with the diagnosis)

8. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    My apologies for my wondering thoughts. You asked me what I'd do, so I put myself in your shoes.

IF I wasn't confident with the gearbox internals... If I had a budget of $200 - if I wasn't too thrilled or in love with the gun, I'd invest in a brand new gun.
    If I liked the body and was trying to save a few bucks, I'd get a drop in gearbox
    If I didn't like the gun or saw something I liked more, I'd start shopping around.

I'd try to keep the gun as a project gun to practice working on it down the line.

In terms of selling it, you don't make much on a broken/faulty gun. You probably paid $250 for the gun, you'd PROBABLY get about $80 for it with the damage you've mentioned.

9. n00bLuke

n00bLuke New Member

I payed 20 for it lol, I got it from my cousin

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    if you want to sell it, let me know... i buy broken guns for parts.