Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Did your stock 18:1 setup have a delay chip? Maybe compare where the first (pickup) tooth on the stock sector gear is in relation to the tappet stud and what it looks like on the new sector gear. From what you're saying it sounds like an issue with the sector gear/tappet stud not the tappet plate or nozzle.
I've tried 2 different sets of 13:1, both with and without delayer chips. Neither worked, stock 18:1 had delayer chip. Gonna try those gears tonight and see

yeah id check the bucking, I built an ICS m16, and it was having feeding problems, changing nozzle size didn't work. the problem was that the hopup bucking was protruding into the feeding chamber stopping the bbs from loading, all I had to do was trim a couple millimeters off and it fed.

I've tried 2 different sets of 13:1, both with and without delayer chips. Neither worked, stock 18:1 had delayer chip. Gonna try those gears tonight and see
It's not your gears. You need to check over things not just swap parts hoping to fix the problem as that will just stress you out.

As the guy above and I stated. Double check the feed tube for bucking protrusion or nozzle protrusion or anything that would causes issues.

Which circles around to another variable in the "system" that is an Airsoft gun. The Magazine.

Cheap mags...don't always feed very well.

What would you consider to be good mags?

Arcturus/DDAY
PTS
TM
Beta Project
G&P

What would you consider to be good mags?

This guy literally did the most involved testing of the most mags ever done by anyone.

However the video is a bit old and a few new mags exist, such as the bamf gen 2... I personally didn't like the bamf 2. Too much spring tension.

There's another mag I can't remember, it's expensive and has a counter built in... apparently those are really good. I'll remember in a bit

Discussion starter · #30 ·
yeah id check the bucking, I built an ICS m16, and it was having feeding problems, changing nozzle size didn't work. the problem was that the hopup bucking was protruding into the feeding chamber stopping the bbs from loading, all I had to do was trim a couple millimeters off and it fed.
I've checked, it looks fine.lt feeds on active break perfeclty so it can't be the bucking

Discussion starter · #32 ·
It's not your gears. You need to check over things not just swap parts hoping to fix the problem as that will just stress you out.

As the guy above and I stated. Double check the feed tube for bucking protrusion or nozzle protrusion or anything that would causes issues.

I've checked the bucking and nozzle fitment so many times but I'll check again tonight. Actually I'll post a video of them

Sounds like the Maxx nozzle is too long.

Try removing your mag and firing it upside down by putting BBs in the feed tube by hand. That will eliminate the possibility of an over-tight mag spring, and actually any mag-related problems.

Watch the first 3:40. I think he does not PTS mags...

If you end up watching the whole video, keep in mind his views on the Maxxx HopUp Units have changed for the better. What I mean by this is he realized just how bad they really are.

The max hopup units last I checked had like almost a 8mm clearance in the feed tube and chamber. And they have a offset feed tube due to a off spec issue snagging the bbs as they feed. It's like they didn't double check their design and focused entirely on the modular hop arm design they have.

If they just fixed those two issues then it would be literally the best m4 hop up ever designed. But the shortcomings still stand.

Seems many cnc shops struggle to properly design things these days.

Weird right? Almost as if cheaper made products are better... seems a bit backwards but there it is:confused:

It's the mindset of the people in this industry.

Most "fail" to see the "big" picture. They see just a segment and work around that and not the big picture. Plus, again...lack of standards too.

If they would "measure" a TM...they could make it better. Most likely they took a low cost unit and tried to improve that...or a clone of a clone, Prowin hop-up...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.