H&K G28 - Standard Internal Parts/Upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by pcherold13, Dec 20, 2016.

1. pcherold13

pcherold13 New Member

Overland Park
    I am just curious to those who have this rifle, standard not limited edition (though I don't know if the internals differ between the two) is preferred.

What would you think would be a good first upgrade (if any are really needed), looking at accuracy and consistency more than an increase in FPS, as it is already at the limit of my field. Any help, either links to articles or personal input is greatly appreciated. Assume my knowledge level about airsoft, and AEGs in general, is minimum.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. toobladink

toobladink Member

Shock absorption of some sort. Sorbopad or airpad is what you need. The gearbox shells on those are extremely weak and it will break at some point. I would also suggest radius-ing the corners on the gearbox shell near the cylinder head. Here's how to do it: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBUKWm9fNk[/ame]

Edit:
    This guide may be more helpful actually.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkuqMdKR4fo[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016

3. pcherold13

pcherold13 New Member

Overland Park
  4. Swift17

Swift17 Member

Brunswick
    The v2.2 gearbox is one of the worst designed gearboxes it has a habit of breaking if you even look at it funny. It's super weak. Unfortunately the retro arms gearbox is also a pile of crap. So it's pretty much hpa for upgrades

5. pcherold13

pcherold13 New Member

Overland Park
    Well I want to stick more with an AEG rather than go to HPA, any ideas?

6. Swift17

Swift17 Member

Brunswick
    Sell it and buy a tm?
    Honestly there is no good option, you could try to get an ra shell to work? Run it at a low fps with sorbo? Hope for the best

7. pcherold13

pcherold13 New Member

Overland Park
    What about the version 3 gearboxes? Also, what are your thoughts about the silicon instead of sorbo?

8. Swift17

Swift17 Member

Brunswick
    Do you mean in general? You can't fit a v3 in the g28

I personally run just a sorbo but I use it mostly to adjust aoe with some sound dampening but I don't have to worry about cracking my shell
    Silicon should work plenty of people do that

9. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Columbus
    Or do what I did and swap it for the V2.2.1 for the V2.2.2 two piece from an XCR. I even wrote up a guide on it.

Sorry for the necro. Was important.