Harness and battle belt

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by foxtrot7, Nov 21, 2012.

1. foxtrot7

foxtrot7 New Member

Reading
    Hello, I'm in the begining stages of making another kit. I'm in the research phase right now and there are a lot of options. Recently I saw a loadout where the battle belt and harness systems was used in conjunction with a chest rig. Right now I'm stuck between two options.

Option 1: The Battle Belt/Harness adn chest rig option.

Option 2: Just getting another Shellback Tactical vest in either OD or Multi-cam.

I figured I'd toss this out to the veteran airsofters out there and see what you guys have done, seen or tried. Any help would be great.

I already have a Banshee plate carrier from Shellback Tactical, but in black. Bought this for work, but changed over to an active shooter bag rather then a vest. (Whole other topic.)

Just looking for a little guidence! Thanks!

2. lentj

lentj New Member

East Aurora
    I started with the battle belt/harness....tried a chest rig.....moved on to a cross-draw vest....and I'm back to the battle belt/harness. Pro's for the BB/H...versatile and distributes the load better. Con's....not much 'protection' in front. I include the low-vis plate carrier and this works well. Pro's for the chest rig....light weight. Con's...not that versatile. Pro's for the crossdraw......can carry a lot of stuff. Con's...too much stuff with no shoulder padding....ouch. Difficult to be mobile, impossible when skull dragging.

I prefer a belt and harness because I use different guns with different loadouts.
    All you need to vary are the pouches you attach.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The Banshee is a good rig for the price, understanding that it's largely directed at the civilian shooter market. If you're willing to put down a little more coin, you can get a much better PC that provides more features and a more comfortable design. The Mayflower APC, for instance, is in the $250 price range and offers just about everything the LBT 6094 does. It's a great piece of kit, light weight, flexible, and has ample carrying space.

Mayflower APC, in stock and ready to ship: http://www.skdtac.com/Mayflower-Assault-Plate-Carrier-APC-p/mfr.512.htm

A belt and harness isn't a bad option, but it will limit your load carrying capacity and it won't distribute the weight of your kit as evenly as a nice PC will. There are a lot of battle belt options, ranging from TT to ATS to LBT. I'm sure there's something to choose from between them.

4. foxtrot7

foxtrot7 New Member

Reading
    I know what you mean by it being targeted for the civilian market. Can honestly say I haven't seen any armed forces units with them yet.

$250 is a little much for me. You have any suggestions for a guy on a budget?

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Well, for a similar style at a bit of a cost reduction, both FLYYE and Pantac make decent replicas of the LBT 6094. You can get them for about $115-$130 plus shipping, more if you want them in a pattern of course. The FLYYE 6094 has been out of stock in the more popular colors for a few days now, likely because they directed production to their new AOR1 line. Give it a little bit and I'm sure they'll come back in stock (just saw, they're having a pretty good sale on them):

http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=673

Pantac version:

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_77&products_id=2986

AWS is an american made repro of the 6094 that's supposed to be fantastic and sells for about $160. I just ordered myself one and I'm waiting for it to come in. If you want to wait it out, I plan on writing up a review after I get it. They can be had at www.deploymentgear.com under the name "Operators Choice Plate Carrier." Full review here:

http://www.thegearlocker.net/2012/10/aws-plate-carrier/

6. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    The irony is how backwards the roles I use things for is.

My main gear is on my warbelt. It's the first thing I put on, and has all the basic necessities (4-6 primary mags, sidearm, 0-2 sidearm mags, 1 liter hydro, 2x utility pouches, smoke/frag grenades, radio, spare batteries, medkit, etc).

I use my chest rig or PC to supplement/extend my belt. I select the chest rig for extra mobility and a Recon appearance, or the PC for a more mil-sim Direct Action appearance. My chest rig can max out at 14-16 mags, but I will usually take 8-12, plus spare grenades, and extra hydro. The PC sets up similarly.

6094, APC, FAPC, w/e, as long as it has a cummerbund they pretty much all wear the same. Either way I *do not* advocate putting your entire loadout on your vest. It's convenient, but makes you bulky and harder to maneuver.

I recommend learning about the 3 Line concept. 1st Line is usually your belt, and should have your most essential items. 2nd Line is usually a dedicated combat load carrying system such as a PC, chest rig, or vest. The 2nd Line has things you need to fight an engagement, like plenty of ammo, ordnance, water, IFAK, etc. The 3rd Line is non-essential items, such as bulk extra ammo, NVGs, medic supplies, AT weapons, etc. Use the 3rd Line to carry stuff you don't need often or unpredictably, and in airsoft, leave your 3rd line at the FOB.

7. foxtrot7

foxtrot7 New Member

Reading
    Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I have a little more research to do. I just score d a set of used Multi-cam so I will be focusing on the possibilites of a Kit. I have it narrowed down to a few things and will hopefully knock it down further. Need to do, again, more research. One of the kits I'm looking to replicate is an Air Force CCT. I see everyone recreating SEALS, Delta, PJs, etc. I'm looking for somethign a little different. Any more tips would be great, or if a thread was started on CCT I wouldn't mind a link!

Thanks again!

8. foxtrot7

foxtrot7 New Member

Reading
    Ok so I saw the Condor Recon chest rig. Worth the money? Granted I'm looking for something to get me started. Just wondering if I should just wait.

9. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Wait please, condor isn't worth your time or money.

10. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    What Devgru said. Condor is almost always a waste of time.

To go onto your interest in a CCT kit, I'm sorry to disappoint you. That kit will look almost identical to any other "Tier 1" US SOF kit.

image-977210627.jpg

You're not gonna be unique by doing one. I'm not saying to not do one, but you're going to look pretty much the same as many of the kits you're avoiding.

11. foxtrot7

foxtrot7 New Member

Reading
    Thanks Grin. I guess the only thing that'd set you apart are the patches. I guess the only real "unique" kit would be that of a PMC.