has anyone actually done this?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Dante, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    i've seen so many posts about training tips, and seemingly 4 or 5 replies are almost always some thing like 'build a kill house in your backyard' or something like that basically advocating building an entire field to practice.

has anyone ever actually done this? yes this is sligthly related to a previous post, but those suggestions always leave me dumbfounded and stop me in my tracks.

so who has their own legit backyard field?

2. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    This guy right here. Technically we have two of them. But they're both small. And one doesn't even have buildings or cover, just dense forest...

3. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    back home me and my buddy had woods and foresty areas, buti mean i'm talking about actually buying supplies and putting together a field.

costs a lot of money, takes a lot of time, and space. 3 things i can't believe many people have enough of to do such things.

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Friend of mine had a HUGE wooded field behind his house. This was in the country of GA.
    So we sometimes set up targets and did shooting drills.

I've set up my garage with targets to do quick target acquisitioning. Just simple boxes with shopping bags or old towels inside to catch the BBs. Obviously you want to wear your eyepro

The house I'm living in right now has long hallways, so I've been practicing my pop shots around corners.

Just use your imagination man. I HATE using my backyard because the last thing I need is for a neighbor see me practicing drills and thinking I'm an educated gangbanger. Scary thought right?

5. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    lol i forget about that sometimes. the neighborhood my team mates live in is all military so they'd just take a peak at what we're doing and probably give us ****.

6. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Before I moved I had one, but it probably wasn't as great as the other ones on this thread. My neighbors redid their fence and deck, so we propped up the fence segments (10ft) against trees along with using the natural landscape of the woods we were in. The deck pieces we used to put in trees and make ladders. The result was a small cqb field, very fun.

7. DualNature

DualNature New Member

kerkhoven
    Me and a friend are in the process of building one. It was going well, but now that im in school i have almost no time to myself that i can donate to the cause.. Where planning on building a POW type camp, but he wont let me use real barbed wire :'( lol
    We get old wooden pallets and scrap lumber. Simply screw the pieces of scrap to the front of the pallet, and add some sturdy/reinforced legs and there ya go

8. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Im looking to build one once i move back to my other house i have 5 acers out in the country, and my friends have no place to play...

9. fradd

fradd New Member

The wars I go to are at somebody's house, and he has 20 acres of property that we play on.
    That's what people probably mean when they say they have a field in their backyard.