Hatch Kneepads

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by OxiClean, Sep 15, 2012.

1. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    I was perusing the Internet for Kneepads, and stumbled across both the Hatch Centurion and XTAK Kneepads, both with good reviews. I was looking to see if anyone had personal experience with either and if they were good, or if I should just get a whole new brand altogether. I will mostly be using them for sliding in CQB so I want to make sure they dont slide down my legs, which the Hatch's supposedly didn't according to reviews.

Thanks,
    HB-01 Alex Duncan

2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I suggest the ALTA knee pads. And if you really want to eliminate sliding, then use Crye Precision AC or Gen 3 Combat Pants, because the pad is built in to the pants. Emerson and TMC both make replicas, but usually are either hit or miss, and are made to Asian sizing (thank god I'm only 5'6"). ToySoldier.com.hk also makes Crye replicas that are equal in quality, but also equal(ish) in price at at least $160. But they are always available, compared to the 1-2 months Crye requires you to wait, and also have more patterns.

3. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    I looked at the ALTA's are they worth the extra $10? I'm a field guy and don't CQB much so I don't want to spend any more than is really necessary, so the Crye ones are out

4. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Oh, they're well worth the price. And I would second ALTA knee pads.

5. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Alta is very good, and its more than worth the extra money, especially when your knee lands on BB's.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Go Alta or go home. Best knee pads out there.

7. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
  8. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    And CaptainAlmighty for $160 the Crye kneepads better make me fly through the air and deflect bbs with a pulse field, lol.

9. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    They're not just knee pads, they're integrated right into the Pants. And because of that they don't chafe the back of your leg like normal knee pads do.

Attached Files:

10. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
  11. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    They probably are, but OD doesn't match as well as Coyote.

12. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    Coyote is $30, 5 more than multicam which is 5 more than black which is 5 more than OD because nobody likes OD. I might go with Multicam ones.

13. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    Yes, but Coyote matches better with other patterns. Always buy tan stuff in gear, if you aren't doing an impression, because it matches patterns more than OD or Black.

14. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    Yeah, but the fact is im not going to pay 10-15 extra for tan coloring, especially when I run multicam and the kneepads are cheaper. Doesn't really matter now either because one of my friends got 2 pairs of blackhawk ones in Tan so I'll use those till they give out

15. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    BlackHawk usually has some good pads. I personally think that the oval shape is cooler, whether you blouse or not. It makes you look tacticooler. (Because airsoft is about looking cool.)

16. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    Tacticool! I love that word so much.

17. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

I've got some XTAK pads, real easy to put on but they do slip and move around, now I only use them for yard work.