Have to let some stuff out.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Finalencounter, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I really don't know where to put this, sorry mods, I just need to get this off my chest.

My best friend was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia and they said he may become bi polar in his mid 20's. He has been hearing whispering and sometimes a howling noise. He has been coping with this for a couple years and it's taking most of his mental capacity to appear normal on the outside. It's very difficult for him, and quite frankly, I'm scared for him.
    We are-correction, were very close. When I would go to his house and hang out, you could tell he wasn't fully there. He seems slightly paranoid because of the voices he's hearing at times.
    Sometimes he doesn't really recognize me and has very random mood swings, that didn't happen all to often. Considering how difficult this is for me, I can't imagine how hard it is for him and his family, on top of his parents being divorced. I'm trying to help out as best as I can, but it's just getting really difficult.
    That's what I wanted to say, I don't really want to go on. If you took the time to read this, thanks, I just needed to get it off my chest...

2. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

Uhh not sure what to say that is quite sad, I'm bit sure what you're ,but prayers out to your friend.

3. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    It seems like he hasn't been had it for very long, only a couple of years, right? From what I know, that is the worst time in which symptoms are far more severe. Do you know if he is just hearing things, or is he seeing things/people as well?

4. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Thanks Cajun

Yes. I do not know if he's seeing things, I'll have to ask, I'll probably have an answer tomorrow.

5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Ok, I know that over time, people that see fake people usually get used to it, and they typically only see certain characters, so they know who is real or fake. I am not sure about sounds alone though. Is he on medication?

6. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I'm sorry to hear that... Your friend will be in my prayers. :)

7. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Active Member

east moline
    I'm really sorry about your friend man. I know you don't know me at all but if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me any time.

8. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    We have the Official Ranting Thread here and we do also have the Talk about anything thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.