Have you ever lived in a haunted house?

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by brokenarrow, Oct 28, 2012.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    I have lived in a haunted house before, when I was 2, I used to get tucked in at night by a man no one knew. My grandma did some digging and found out that a man fitting my description (old, flannel shirt, glasses) had fallen from the second floor, straight into the basement in the 40s, as well as the rest of his family passing from carbon monoxide, so yeah, I've lived in a haunted house

2. fradd

fradd New Member

Or you just hallucinated.

3. brokenarrow

Meadville
    No, it was haunted, I have a pic somewhere

4. soviet

soviet New Member

-_- we need pictures. Sadly my dad built my house. So no one haunted.

5. Itsahak

Itsahak Member

My wifes former office was in a haunted house. It was built in the late 1800's. There were always lights flashing off and on, pots and pans rattling in the kitchen and a couple of visual sightings of an young adult girl and an older man. After they moved from the office to another building they discovered the house was built on top of an old church's graveyard...

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    I rented a house that was haunted. Well, the house itself wasn't, but the ground it was on was.

Turns out the house was built on a trail leading from a late 19th century homestead to an old (now relocated) cemetary.
    Could hear boot steps passing through the kitchen and dining room about once a week.

Once the lease was up, we were out of there...

Still get the chills just driving by the place.

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I haven't lived in a haunted house, but I have been to some of the most haunted places in the world... Let me say this, your body doesn't know how to react when you see something (haunted) for the first time.

8. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    [​IMG]

Me if I lived in a haunted house.

9. CaptDez

CaptDez New Member

Ive never actually lived in a haunted house but me and my friends used to play airsoft and do other "recreational things" in that abandoned house. Rumor was the family died from carbon
    Monoxide poisoning just like OP's story. It has since been cleaned out except for appliances and some chairs. Tomorrow on halloween would mark the 1 year of us playing there but we got kicked out due to some old lady owning the property there trying to sue us. However we had her consent and permission to go onto the property and play airsoft. A whole fiasco erupted with interrogations by the cops. Ended up as a free man. However we arent allowed back on the property. It was a nice 3 story house with about 2-3 acres of land. House was built after the Civil War so pretty historical. And an axe that was on site always changed tree to tree every time we visited

10. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

My grandmas office had a man who died in there. It was somewhat eery, although he wasn't an evil ghost. He was friendly. In my dads house, my old Great Grandpa lived in there. Occasionally some weird stuff in the basement and some doors shut, but nothing Piss-Your-self scary.

11. wippyt

wippyt New Member

Hager City
    My old house was haunted. There was a mom a son and a daughter. We used to always hear the boy playing outside and I saw the boy once he looked about 9 and he wore bib overalls and looked very 40s like. Our basement was the creepiest place, we only went in there for severe storms but our dogs just stood at the top of the stairs and just growled and we had some very bad *** dogs, one had fo be chained to a tree with a logging chain otherwise he would just break them. I have some other stories from my mom and my brothers if anybody wants to hear them.

12. soviet

soviet New Member

Sure. Always up for a good story.

13. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Never have lived in one, but I've been in haunted houses. Didn't see anything out of the ordinary, though.

14. soviet

soviet New Member

Yes out of ordinary... Though you are not ordinary.. So what I take from this. Is normal for you, but not normal for us? So how are we supposed to tell?

15. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland

Ok. Nothing paranormal. Happy? :p

16. soviet

soviet New Member

Yes. I feel my mission in life is complete.

17. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    Never a believer of the "haunted" houses, but the house my relatives own in Thailand was creepy enough to terrify me when I was a kid. Imagine upstairs there's one entire side of the room covered in Buddhist statues and pictures of deceased relatives staring in your direction, and your bedroom happened to be right next to them. Imagine going up there late at night with only a candle light from the Buddhist stand flickering. I used to run past that area every night to avoid "red eye glare" and "walking spirits."

Silly me.

18. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Never lived in one and never want to. The whole "haunted" house and paranormal activity stuff freaks me out.

19. brokenarrow

Meadville
    Bringing this back for Halloween! Any more haunted tales?

20. OxideD11

OxideD11 New Member

My grandparents do (The irony). So here's a story.
    We got back from a super hard day of skiing and I was completely wiped. Went to bed at 10, and ended up laying there because I couldn't sleep. Around 10:30 I heard what was probably the loudest BANG I've ever heard in my life. Compare it to 5 Thunder-B grenades all going off at once in a super tight space. I shot forward and looked around. Went downstairs to the kitchen, which seemed to be the source of the sound. There was absolutely nothing disturbed and there was no sign of the sound.

My mom has also seen a full body apparition of a small boy, aged about 7 years old, dressed in farm flannel shirt, overalls, and no shoes. All in the same house. Pretty awesome.:D