Having trouble with piston

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by qurfy, Jul 30, 2012.

1. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    I'm trying to use my dremel to get rid of the first tooth and part of the second one for the sorbo pad I'm adding, but my dremel can't do anything to my piston, just little scratches. What do you guys do for your metal pistons to remove the teeth. Do I need to get a different tool, or a new dremel head if so which one is ideal? Thanks ahead of time. Oh and on a side note, how much do airsoft techs charge people for doing a full blown custom job on a gun?

2. teamAggressivefoxxtrot

teamAggressivefoxxtrot New Member

Don't use a metal piston go with an shs 15 tooth nylon piston and I don't know about the other thing.

3. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I just use a bench grinder to remove teeth off of my pistons. You know those with the big "stone" discs, works like a charm.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Id say at least $400 for a full blown custom tech job from a good tech.
    Oh and I used a dremel to remove my teeth. Took like 15mins per tooth.

5. Rifled-n-Ready

Rifled-n-Ready Active Member

Duluth
    I use a little grind stone bit, works like a charm.

EDIT; I just found a better bit for the job, after SS'ing 2 teeth i found a carbon cut of bit and a steady hand works great, two teeth down in less then 15 minutes. :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    What type of dremel head do you guys like to use? Sorry I'm still a bit of a newb, if I may ask what is grind stone bit, and where can I find one? Is it a type of dremel head?

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Only takes 15 seconds per tooth with one of these bad boys. :D

[​IMG]