Heavy wooded war kits

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by jtw8376, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jtw8376

jtw8376 New Member

Airsoft people I got to get a set of equipment! The area where we play includes trees, bushes, trenches, hills, and lots of dead stuff.
    We play crazy games! Long games of chasing each other!
    Kit needs to include..... What ever you think would work.
    Kit light enough to evac fast and quietly but enough safety equipment for obvious reasons
    Thanks

2. airsoftdude2121

airsoftdude2121 New Member

I'd just get some woodland BDU's, they're pretty cheap, and buy a PASGT helmet replica for about $20ish, and get a woodland cover for it $<5. Then get some black jungle boots $20, and finally maybe get a black or green vest or plate carrier. If you really want, you can buy camo face paint and paint your skin too, it looks cool and helps you blend in! Hope this helps!

3. TheDraconicTyr

TheDraconicTyr New Member

If you mean a load out I'd suggest:

Primary: assault like an ak or m4 that Also is cqbish but can shoot at least 100ft
    Secondary:an GBB pistol is fine
    Outfit: hunting camo or gillie best stuff in a wooded are plus a tacvest to hold some stuff
    Extra: a grenade for clearing trenches and small area
    Hope this helps

4. airsoftdude2121

airsoftdude2121 New Member

If there is a LOT of dead stuff, I would go with desert MARPAT, this is a lot more expensive (like $80 for the clothing) and get a Desert MARPAT boonie hat ($15) and a tan vest or plate carrier. Then just get some tan combat boots.

5. TheDraconicTyr

I'd get a gas mask if theres dead stuff.

6. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Don't use hunting camouflage in that environment, military patterns work much better. Hunting camoflauge doesn't work well for moving.

7. Devgru98

Polo
    Why a gas mask? He means dead trees, and undergrowth. Plus gas masks do not meet safety requirements at most fields

8. TheDraconicTyr

I've had much experience with hunting camo and works much better then military when you lay down or want to be hidden it also works for movement FYI

Well he was not specific and there is airsoft gas mask either that or you could mod it with plexiglass

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  9. Devgru98

Polo
    You wish.. It is meant to help you blend into a tree when hunting a deer, so you look tree-like it doesn't work well for combat senarios such as airsoft. Also, how do you put plexiglass in a gas mask? It doesn't seem to logical to me, when some flak jacks could get the job done.

10. TheDraconicTyr

The hunting camo works fine it is great for sniper and all around great for hiding and being sneaky plus you just cut a piece of plexiglass to fit in the socet and it works fine

11. Devgru98

Polo
    image-2723115046.jpg

It doesn't work for airsofting, if it works so great why doesn't the military use it?

12. TheDraconicTyr

Right now they don't fight in a wooded are they are mostly in a deserty area so yeah. Plus you don't have much common sense or creativity do you?

Well I'm going to bed so I'm nit gonna argue with you anymore. Why don't you try it yourself sometime

13. Devgru98

Polo
    Good greif man, your just looking for trouble aren't you?

14. TheDraconicTyr

What are you talking about?

Last time I checked someone wanted an opinion on what equipment to wear in a wooded area we all have our own personal opium for what works best for us so I'm done that is my opium.over

Dumb spell check all opium are opinion

15. Devgru98

Polo
    It may be your opinion, but it is false information.

16. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Devgru, I don't know how you dealt with that guy.

Op, sorry your thread got crapped up, anyway lets get to business.

First you need to tell us what you already have, and what your budget is.

17. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Gas mask does generally not filter out smells etc, so that would pretty much be useless, not to say dangerous.
    Hunting camouflage patterns do not work as good as military type camouflage and it sucks when moving.
    Every sniper in the world will tell you that what you said is utter crap. A good ghillie made specifically for the environment they find themselves at will do much better.
    He was not talking about the US Army, specifically. Not a single army in the world uses a real tree camouflage pattern.
    You were not arguing, because you gave no arguments.
    With all due respect, it is not the spell-check. Did you know that you can proof-read your text before you post? If you do not do that, you will not stay here for long. Follow the rules about spelling and proper grammar, please. Try not to multi-post.

18. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    First of all Op don't get hunting camo listen to Shifty, secondly another reason ou wouldn't get it is because most of it is made of the same material as the T-shirts that you wear....Third i say get some Woodland Bdus, some jungle boots, and some web gear.....its light weight an fast.

19. TheDraconicTyr

Well it works much better foe me I've been more successful using hunting camo.
    Discussion done

20. TheDraconicTyr

I wa giving an opinion I don't know what your going on about so dont get all pissed while I state an opinion and what works best for me if devgru wouldnt of said anything all would be well