Hellbreaker build help needed.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Digital Lo Pan, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Digital Lo Pan

Digital Lo Pan New Member

West Helena
    I'm new to gun-modding and would like some input from some of you experienced "tinkerers". I'm looking to purchase an EMG Hellbreaker 10" for use as a primary in cqb and field games. I would like for the rifle to be a reliable and accurate choice for either situation. I'd like to be able to get it to 500 fps (and retain the ability to drop down to 300 fps or so).

Price isn't really a factor, but I'm sure there are some mods that work just as well as their more expensive counter-parts. I just want a rifle that can perform as well as (if not better than) most weapons you commonly see in those situations.

Does anyone know from experience if/where the Hellbreaker falls short?

What, if any, upgrades would you install if you were making this rifle for yourself for those types of games?

Which sites/articles would you suggest reading up on for modding this style rifle so when I do open her up, I'm not "going in blind".

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if there are any questions please ask them. After the build is complete I will make a few videos, gameplay included. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Welcome to the forum! The Ares Hellbreaker is a very nice gun externally and they perform very well out of the box. The internals are nicer than most but there are some things that should be improved, mainly the bushings and motor. How many rounds per second do you want and is fast semi auto trigger response important to you?

Digital Lo Pan likes this.

3. Digital Lo Pan

West Helena
    I'd like to get it to 40bbs per second (do you think i could achieve this with an 11.1 battery?)

And I'm definitely looking for a very responsive semi-auto trigger.

Which bushings and HT motor would you suggest?

4. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    I'd strongly advise against that just yet, as you're said you're a bit new to teching. 30rps is a more realistic goal [and will be much easier to attain reliably, while still allowing you to play at most fields].

5. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    Also 500 fps is a bit much. Shoot (pun intended) for 400. You dont want to be semi locked or just not able to play at all. Also 400 fps is easy to achieve for a first build

Digital Lo Pan and -Spitfire- like this.
  6. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    ^^I agree with Spitfire and Honeybadgerz, 40 RPS is quite a bit. For ~30 RPS though there are several combinations of gears and motor you could use:
    18tpa motor+13:1 gears
    16tpa+15:1(13:1 with a 9 tooth bevel gear)
    16tpa+14:1
    21/22tpa+12:1 will get close
    22tpa+10:1
    14tpa+18:1(I would recommend something else)

I would probably go with 18tpa 13:1 if you can find an 18tpa motor, but 16tpa 14/15:1 or 21/22tpa 12:1 would work well too. You don't want to do anything too crazy though because the Ares EFCS is only rated for 30 amps.

For bushings the ZCI CNC steel ones are great and cheap, FLT is the very best if you can afford them.

Digital Lo Pan and -Spitfire- like this.
  7. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    40rps and 500 fps and the ability to go down to 300 fps in one gun.

Sounds like gods gun lol.

You'll definitely need to compromise. Realistically 350fps for indoor and 450max for outdoor. If not 400 on. 25g. Joules aside.

Kwa makes a variable power spring guide in their 2.5 aegs.. 350-400 fps.. Decent rps on an 11.1

link0 and Digital Lo Pan like this.
  8. Digital Lo Pan

West Helena
    Thanks for all the info people, you're a great help. I was looking for an 18tpa motor and found this (though I'm not sure if it's the one I'm looking for):

https://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop...product_info&cPath=1_218_216&products_id=9304

Anyone have an idea if this is in fact the 18tpa motor? I read that the black & red core motor w/ neo magnets was the one I was looking for.

If not, I think this may be an 18tpa motor as well:

https://www.airsoftstation.com/jbu-airsoft-high-torque-motor-long-type-for-version-2-gearbox/

I'm looking at these gears:

https://www.amazon.com/13-Design-Su...396153&sr=8-1&keywords=airsoft+13+1+gears+shs

I hope I'm looking at the right bushings as well, all of the F.L.T. bushings I can find seem to be inexpensive ($20), but BOA_SP3T3R's comment makes me think I may not be looking at the right ones.

Again, thanks for all the info, and any more would be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  9. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    You'll save money if you buy everything from Brill Armory or Clandestine Airsoft. Your first link doesn't work. SHS gears are solid usually, but again, I'd buy them from Brill Armory. That's the correct price for FLT bushings... It's not that they're expensive, it's just that they cost more than what most budget bushings cost (look up ZCI enhanced bushings... Bit of difference).