Hello from Greensboro NC.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TattooMania, Oct 13, 2012.

1. TattooMania

TattooMania New Member

Greensboro
    What's up all?!. I'm hoping I posted this in the right section. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in Greensboro NC and am 36 years old. I started playing last year in September and then got my son into the sport. We play once or twice a month. My wife sometimes plays as well. I bought her the G&G Femme Fatale M4 in pink. She is actually really good at it. I've got a nice collection of airsoft weapons put together and always trying to get more. I love my new addiction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  2. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.

3. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
  4. Xpb_airsfter

Xpb_airsfter New Member

Colmesneil, Texas. About 45 minutes from Lufkin, Texas.
    Hello from a distant neighbor.

Wow that title sounds stupid. Anyway, howdy. My name is glenn, i see your from greensboro, I was born and raised in wilkes county, if you know if it. I had to move to texas over work. When i was i Nc i played paintball religiously. But after moving over 1000 miles im to financialy strained for paintball so im thinking of migrating into airsoft. So anyway, i thought it would be kool to get your advise on what kind of gear i should buy to get started since you a fellow carolinian. You ever play any pball?

5. TattooMania

TattooMania New Member

Greensboro
    What's up man. I know of Wilkes county. I don't know if I've ever been there but I've definitely heard of it. I have never played paintball. Looks like a lot of fun. I play airsoft at Paintball Central here so we share fields with Paintballers. It looks awesome. Speedball especially. I recently acquired 2 paintball markers (a Smart Parts Ion and a Game Face Vexor) on a trade and want to either try them out soon or sell them and get more airsoft stuff. The only thing I didn't like about paintball was the brightly colored puffy pants and shirts they tend to wear. I like airsoft for the realism and for the lower cost of ammo and field play and not to mention....airsoft bruises are way smaller!

As far as advice on gear and weapons.....I recommend getting a decent electric gun. They almost all operate the same. Meaning that a giant light machine gun isn't anymore effective than a smaller lighter assault rifle. It's just a matter of personal preference. I'm a big fan of the M4 platform because of the huge market for external upgrades. I recommended an electric gun because it's easier to deal with than gas and you get larger magazines. There are no high capacity magazines for gas guns. Electric high caps hold upwards of 400 rounds. If you enjoy a more Mil-Sim experience with realistic magazine capacities, then gas guns are for you. I have a few of both and find myself using the electric guns more often.

If you know that you will LOVE airsoft like you did paintball, don't buy the cheapest gun you can get. You really do get what you pay for. A good AEG will run you $150+. If you can afford the good stuff, I recommend KWA products. They are simply the best quality and retain a high resale value. As far as gear goes...if you pay too much attention to what everyone else is wearing you may find yourself spending more on gear than what you actually need for the game. A decent tactical vest, chest rig or tactical belt with magazine pouches is somewhat necessary and helps against the sting of automatic fire on the abdomen. Other than the vest you would need a shirt that would identify you as being either green or tan. All other gear is for the fashion show that happens at every airsoft field and not necessary for play. I participate in the fashion show and go all out.

If there is a particular weapon you like I will offer any advice I an to help you out.