Hello from Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kleetuss14, Jun 2, 2021.

1. kleetuss14

kleetuss14 New Member

New to airsoft have only been playing since Nov 2020.
    Have a G&G CM16 Raider and EliteForce H&K VP9, really enjoying playing with both of them though have had mag problems with the H&K.
    Looking forward to getting to some local fields here in MA this summer.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you have leaks with the VP9. Stop using GG with Siloxanes in the gas (silicone oil). It is in Major error that Airsoft GBB's needs oil in the gas. In fact it is not the case...and is a potential cause for leaks.

3. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    So, wait, does this apply to ALL GBB guns? I just picked up a WE DEagle recently, so should I be using GG with oil in it or a specific type of GG? Or perhaps even just Propane alone?

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Yes, this applies to "all" modern Gas guns.

What most people are failing to see is the whole systemic affect.

What makes modern Airsoft Pistol effective? Answer: the hop-up unit and the rubber that spins the bb backwards. What is important to that is that the rubber remain OIL-Free and clean.

What does the "dumb" distributors do? They put OIL in the gas...the very gas that pass through the hop-up unit rubber...and barrel. The very places you Do Not Want oil. You want a grease on the friction points...rails and rubbing parts.

Use DRY propane for best results. Do Not use Any GG product sold in Airsoft. Over priced and it reduces performance and it causes leaks in some GBB...like the WE.

Sadly the people in US distribution and EU distribution don't really know anything about Airsoft. They put oil in the gas back in the 1990s is due to two things. Freon dries seals and a Airsoft gun tear down to lubricate the internal cylinder seals was a PITA...so it was easier to oil the gas than do a tear down.

Plus in the 1990s there were really good bbs that flew better and wasn't bothered by oil (another modern Airsoft industry fail!) and hop-ups were fixed thus a little oil on them was not a Major deal...

What modern Airsoft distributors has done is they made a make on incorrect information that is detrimental to your airsoft product...plus they truly know nothing about the sport. I know...I worked for one of these companies for 3 years.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  5. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    So in short: Use dry propane and spot lube places like the slide and trigger mechanism where it's metal on metal?

6. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    Yes. I’ve also found that superlube (you don’t need a lot) works better than anything else for those areas.

Guges Mk3 likes this.
  7. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

welcome. been playing all around new england so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

8. Engr146

Engr146 New Member

Salem
    Tommy from Salem, Mass Looking for fields around Mass. any suggestion would be appreciated, New to airsoft KWA LM4 RIS GBBR/ ECHO 1 AK & SW M&P GB pistol
    Thx
    Tommy

ma_airsoft likes this.
  9. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

hey man!
    off the top of my head there is
    RPC in freemont new hampshire
    ubg airsoft in bridgewater ma
    allstar airsoft in webster
    battlegroundz in lincoln ri
    extreme airsoft in wakefield ri
    tolland field (msato milsim) in tolland ma

can also find more from the community on neasg.org (new englad airsoft group)

10. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    Man. I wish there was this much selection in Montana. I wouldn't complain if I knew of even one good field.