Helmet/Cap better for camouflage?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Casanova, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    Generally speaking, which would assist more in breaking up the shape of the human profile? a PASGT helmet, a Patrol cap, a boonie cap or going without head wear? generally speaking i would have to assume that a PASGT with the rag top camo style would break up your shape very well compared to the patrol cap, and boonie. But what are your opinions? :) working on modifying my loadout quite a bit to be much more stealthy and it'll be a scout style loadout but I'd prefer to throw effectiveness before accuracy so thanks in advance for your opinions :)

2. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    A boonie looks nothing like a human head, not sure about breaking up a siluet though. A helm with the camo you are talking about (if its the kind that is similar to camo netting strips) then that would do very good.

3. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    Yes it's the type that was used by some American forces during operation just cause

4. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    That type would work in foliage. What kind of envorinment do you play in?

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    It's easy to find a helmet cover for the M88 in the camouflage pattern you want. But a hat is going to weigh less.

6. Casanova

Casanova New Member

Buffalo
    New England style deciduous forest :) and weight doesn't matter for this loadout as none of my gear is hefty :)

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I would go with a boonie. You can tilt the hat down low so that when someone looks at you, they see camouflage. It also doesn't have a very distinct shape. The helmet is round, and obvious. And with both options, you can place fresh leaves and twigs, so break it up even more. Using a boonie cuts down on weight if you decide to do that.