Helmet for large head 8 1/4

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by zwilliams, Feb 18, 2016.

1. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    Hey guys i am looking for a Helmet, I have a large head talking 8 1/4 inch (a lot of brain power up there:D) just wondering if any one has see of happens to own a helmet for a large headed person before.

2. jwalton6

jwalton6 New Member

I would also like to find this out

3. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Active Member

east moline
    I'm right there with you on the extra large sized melon, I have the Emerson Carbon helmet and after I took some of the padding out around the headband it fits fairly well. Still kinda tight around the chin strap though.

4. gucci

gucci New Member

Atlanta
    I bet yall got big *** necks without a neck

5. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    Well I'm happy that I am not the only one with a larger then normal melon, I was looking at the protech xxl that goes up to 62cm witch is 24.5 inches around. I may try this out with a slight bit of cutting, I have my work one that fits like a dream. But that's my work one I can't take things off of it. Like my head set and nods. But it's an older style of protech. So we shall see about the largest one they have now. Fingers crossed.

6. TheLockenator

TheLockenator Active Member

Richmond
    You could always try to find an XL MICH

7. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    trying to stay away form the MICH style, I do already have one but its the real deal lol, But i did order the PROTECH in XXL tan so we shall see how it goes WISH THIS BIG HEAD LUCK!

8. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    Update found an xxl protech and it does fit with just a tiny bit of work. Wore it all day yesterday around the house with goggles on doing yard work prolly looked ridiculous but it did work and it was like I had nothing on my head! Highly recommend!

9. jwalton6

jwalton6 New Member

What kind of work did you have to do

10. zwilliams

zwilliams New Member

Virginia Beach
    took a palm sander shaved out a bit where i felt it was getting tight, I also received an email form them as well saying that there has been a good amount of request to start making larger sizes so thats always a good thing as well. But what i need up doing over all was taking out the padding that are in the inside of the helmet and going form there, i put just the shell over my head and messed around seeing how much padding i would need, and wile i was typing this i guess you could go to Walmart of something like that get just get a bicycle helmet pads and do that.