Helmet with a visor for CQB?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by likeaboz2002, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. likeaboz2002

likeaboz2002 Member

Colorado Springs
    Christmas is coming, and I may get a helmet this year (finally). One that piqued my interest was this (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TERPNK...Gs&pd_rd_r=PPYJE2GFRA60290D1MD0&pd_rd_w=P8Gc9) riot control style helmet. I really like the idea of having a visor on a helmet. I play almost entirely CQB, and about 50% of my gameplay is done with a pistol primary. The one major downside I can see to a visored helmet is the inability to ADS with a rifle. That wouldn't be an issue as I can still ADS with my pistol, and my rifle has a side-folding stock so I can just use it without the stock for CQB. When I wan't to use my rifle, I can just slide the visor up or remove it completely. Another advantage of the helmet is that I could forego a mesh lower face mask (while still keeping full-seal eyepro) and just wear a shemagh and my face would still be adequately protected. The reviews and description say it can withstand up to 2 joules, which is more than the just over 1 joule limit at my field. If it does end up breaking, I can still use the helmet without the visor. Opinions?

2. Fourman

Fourman New Member

Georgetown
    Just don't get shot in the face....lol

Looks heavy and bulky for CQB...I like to be light and fast for CQB.

Topshotz357 likes this.

3. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I would just use normal face pro goggles helmet and mesh or a paintball mask