Help choosing a battery for my Ares G36

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Jwag, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Jwag

Jwag New Member

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

3. Jwag

Jwag New Member

Thanks :) would there be an advantage to do a LiPo battery?

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Li-po batteries are superior to ni-mh and ni-cd in pretty much every aspect, and they are even cheaper to buy, so yes a li-po battery would be a good choice. Just find a 7,4v li-po with the correct measurements and you're good.

5. corntato

corntato New Member

Agreed lipos are the way to to. The charger will cost more but the batteries are dirt cheap and have excellent performance. Plus they are smaller

6. Jwag

Jwag New Member

Ok, so what voltage, mah and c should I go for the Ares G36 and the Aim Top MP5? Because I really have no idea,

7. corntato

corntato New Member

7.4v to be safe. You can go 11.1v if you want a high rof. The largest mah you can fit and around the 25c range should be good. Check hobbyking.com

8. Jwag

Jwag New Member

Good god. HobbyKing has them so much cheaper than the airsoft stores

9. Jwag

Jwag New Member

So I'm browsing through the Lipo's at HobbyKing, but none of them specify if they are 7.4v or 11.1v

10. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    A 3 cell is 11.1 and 2 is 7.4

11. Jwag

Jwag New Member

12. corntato

corntato New Member

Thats a good battery if it will fit. The rof will probally be a little higher with the lipo. I use a imax b6 and its great got mine on amazon. You will also need a power source for it if its not the version with one built in. Remember the connector on the battery will have to be changed

13. Jwag

Jwag New Member

Thank you all for helping

14. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The ROF may be a bit slower than with the 9,6v ni-mh, but the Li-po will give a much better trigger response, last much longer and be alot more reliable.