Help choosing

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Hokie115, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Okay, I need some help. I am looking into getting a new aeg. I have found the following that I like.

Cyma cm 046 blowback ak47 (190$)
    Classic army m14 spartan (230$)
    Jg m16 enhanced (150$)

On the cyma, is the non blowback version a better choice? The reason I liked the m14 and the m16 is for the range. Which of these is the best overall choice? Feel free to make a recommendation as well.

Thanks!

2. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

id say go with m14. Classic army makes pretty good guns, and for some other reasons, but im toooo lazy :p I will tomor......

3. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Any other opinions on this?

4. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Don't go by the range on the site, it is probably exaggerated. Also, range can be fixed with upgrades. I would go CYMA, although some CA guns are pretty good too.

5. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Cyma M14s are really good out of the box!

6. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Stroop is right, the Cyma M14 makes good guns out of the box but have some cons. If you were wanting to upgrade, go with the JG. They're great build platforms. CA's are great out of the box and for upgrading. So really, it all comes down to what you were wanting to do.

7. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Honestly, the one time I opened a gun to rewire to the rear, I ended up breaking it. I'm not real tech savvy.

Wait so I should get the 130$ cyma over the 230$ classic army. I know price isn't everything but wow.

Another m14 I likes was the g&g m14, anyone know how it shoots out of the box?

8. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

What I have heard from reviews is that its pretty good out of the box, but the externals arent great. I would honestly go with the CYMA M14 because I believe with a few upgrades youll get way better performance then the G&G. Even if you arent a techy, you wont have that big of a problem with putting in a new spring or barrel.

I just havent heard about the G&G enough to go with it.

9. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    I also could not find a g&g m14 in stock anywhere either? Is the cyma a better choice than the ca?

10. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Okay, I have decided I want an m14.

Cyma 32 130$
    Classic army match 230$
    G&g 250$

I really like the classic army, but my only concern is the barrel, it is 6.08. My big thing is that I want range. The cyma and the g&g have 6.04 barrels. Which one stock will be the best option. And will the 6.08 make a noticeable difference compared to a 6.04?

Thanks, I really appreciate your help

11. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Ya itll make a noticeable difference. A 6.04 and 6.01 makes a real noticeable difference. Id say go with cyma. You'll have alot more money for mags, upgrades, and vest or what ever you want.

12. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Okay, thank you so much. Could you suggest some upgrades to get, preferably nothing too complicated?

How difficult is it to install a nicer barrel?

13. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Id say a tight bore barrel, possibly 6.02 or 6.01.(6.01 youll have to use HIGH quality bbs you dont want it to get jammed) It should be easier to upgrade that than possibly anything else. Get a new spring. (ask the other guys on what kind) Possibly a new motor, but most likly you will not need that. Just to let you know ive never had it, but have researched it, and looking to buy one.

14. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    I read that normal tight bore barrels don't fit m14s? Is that true? If so what kind should I get. If a normal barrel will work, what kind should I get?

Do I need a new hop up bucking?

Is installing a spring a hard job?
    In regards to bbs, I use king arms .25 and .28 bbs.

I cannot tell y'all how much I appreciate all of your help! I am a complete noob to all of this and can't thank you enough.

15. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Im not sure if its true or not. they may make special ones for it. They possibly do!

Installing the spring can not be a hard job. Im not sure if it has the quick spring change, Id imagine not.

With the bucking. You can if you want to. It'll perform great with out it.

Yeah those bbs are fine.

And no problem thats what we are here for!

16. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Normal AEG cut barrels should work fine, get a 6.03 or 6.05 over a 6.01 though, there are a ton of threads about it on this forum but it boils down to 1) 6.01 is only more accurate at closer ranges, 6.03 or 6.05 will give you better groupings at farther ranges and 2) quality of the bore over diameter, a 6.23 super high quality barrel will out do 6.03 crappy Chinese barrel.

If you want a lot of range, you'll want to R-hop and tune your hopup. They are both stickies so I won't really go too in depth.

Springs are easy :D The hardest part is actually squeezing the spring in, just use some of your muscle lol. Your BBs should work fine, KA makes pretty good BBs.

Hopefully this is just a little bit helpful.

EDIT: some specifics on what performance you want would be helpful for us to help you. (Basically what RPS @ what FPS, and wanted range)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  17. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Okay, I would like the gun to shoot 375-380 with .25s. Is that reasonable?

Also with a nice barrel could I get the gun to somehow reach 250'?

Would my stock motor pull 380fps? I really don't want to get into the whole motor upgrading.

How exactly do you put in a tight bore, and will a Prometheus 550 work?

Thank you so much!

18. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

You should be reaching that out of the box if not, all you need is a new spring to reach it, but for the accuracy. A new hop up unit and barrel for that. The advice the guy above me is good!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  19. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    You should get that FPS stock, I'm pretty sure the CYMAs come with M120 springs :p

The KEY to achieving range is air seal and heavy BBs. .25s should be good, although I think .28s would be a little easier to hit your mark with. Regarding the airseal, there's yet another sticky on it, but I'm going to be nice enough to link it lol. http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/achieving-100-air-seal-your-gear-box-19877/

Stock motor will work, but if you want better trigger response you should reshim, regrease, use deans and good wire, and all the other stuff everyone repeats like broken records. A new motor would be the easiest way to get a better trigger response though. But if you don't want to, it doesn't matter.

To put in a tightbore you take the inner barrel out of your hopup unit,and the bucking should come off with it. put the bucking on the new barrel, put the new barrel and bucking in the unit, and your done. Make sure that you turn your hopup off first or else you might rip your bucking, and keep your hopup unit upside down so your nub doesn't fall out. That's about all I can tell you on that, I work on V2s and their variants, I haven't messed with a V7 gearbox and hopup, but the concept is the same for all AEGs.

550mm is too long IIRC, I believe 509mm is the stock length for a standard M14. Prometheus barrels are very good, so I'd definitely get one.

20. Hokie115

Hokie115 New Member

Houston
    Can someone link a toghtbore that would FOR SURE work in a cyma m14? Thanks.