Help identify a vest

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by 1badweasel, Aug 23, 2012.

1. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Just want to know what kind of vests the two left guys are wearing.

Attached Files:

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I know I'm supposed to be the go-to guy on this, but I can't actually tell what it is. Maybe johngol or Robin-Hood will pop in here and give it a look.

3. champo98

champo98 New Member

That's a hard picture to decide what there wearing.

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Some team at my field uses multicam. Their vests look the same.

5. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I've been looking around and still can't find the vest. the closest thing I've found is Condor's Quick Release Plate carrier. But still not the vest.

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It's definitely not an MOPC. You'd be better off with something like a Mayflower APC or AAC, or as always, an LBT 6094. What's throwing me is the curve stretching from the back panel to the cummerbund. I don't recognize that shape.

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Definitely not an APC, just incase you were suggesting that, Knief... This has me stumped beyond belief... I'm gonna go look through some of the more obscure plate carriers.... Could it be a Mayflower LPAA? That has more of a curve to it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    No, I didn't mean to say that it was an APC. It's clearly not, but it would be a big step in the right direction compared to a Condor MOPC.

The curve is a bit different than on the LPAA. The rear panel runs straight down from the shoulders until a few inches above the cummerbund, then it takes that quarter circle turn right into the cummerbund. The LPAA has a shape a bit closer to the EPC in the back. It flares a bit as it comes down, but the cummerbund meets the rear panel at a 90 degree angle. It doesn't look like cummerbund on the vest in question is necessarily a separate piece, at least coming from the rear panel. It also looks like the front panel tucks inside the rear panel, though that might be a different ridge apparent on the guy on the left.

The Paraclete HPC looks like it has a similar rear panel, but again, no curve into the cummerbund.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/4967867448_70b5371d54_b.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012