Help identifying Prometheus 6.03 208mm tight bore barrel

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by juanmadetwins, Nov 21, 2015.

1. juanmadetwins

juanmadetwins New Member

Downey
    I purchased what I assumed was a Prometheus, but when I got home I saw nothing to indicate what it was. It came in clear tube with two red end caps, and laser etching on side of barrel says Precise 6.03mmx208mm

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Where did you buy it from? Price?

3. juanmadetwins

juanmadetwins New Member

Downey
    I bought it at evike, for $ 24.60

4. cascade

cascade Member

Its not a prometheus, its evikes knock off. They are very misleading with their advertising. It may or may not be as good, but from what i saw with the 470mm evike precision barrel i had...it looked very good.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  5. juanmadetwins

juanmadetwins New Member

Downey
    I more than likely will return it, my ocd won't allow me to have a fake part in my gun thanks for your help

6. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    Evike only does instore credit now, js

7. juanmadetwins

juanmadetwins New Member

Downey
    That'll be ok I'll spend more there in the future, now to find the real deal

8. Airborne101

Airborne101 Well-Known Member

Chicago
    Prometheus barrels do not have any markings on them. Furthermore, they also come in a plastic cover with orange and black cardboard on the back.
    [​IMG]

Prometheus barrels will generally run you about the $60 mark. If the price seems too good to be true, it likely is.

Also, it was clearly marked Matrix.
    http://www.evike.com/products/32672/
    Evike just used "Prometheus type" to draw you in. Matrix products should never be trusted, as it is Evike's in-house rebranding, taking from the bottom of the barrel from OEMs.

9. juanmadetwins

juanmadetwins New Member

Downey
    Thanks for the info the Prometheus is tracked at the ups in my home city, fast delivery from brill armory