Featured HELP! Ive tried to connect mini Tamiya to Deans with an Adapter

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Sixxaer, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Sixxaer

Sixxaer New Member

Stetten AG
    Hello Everyone,
    Ive done something incredibly stupid and i dont know how to fix it.
    So i bought a G&G Wildhog 7 Inch, and it had a mini Tamiya connector and i only had Deans Batteries, so i decided to buy a Adapater to plug my Deans Battery onto a Tamiya Plug. This was all good only that i didnt realise that + and - were inverted on the Adapter. It sparked for a short moment, then it didnt work anymore. The second Battery i tried was a Nimh i had form my other guns. What could be the cause or the Damage ive done?
    Also no need to tell me that what ive done is incredibly dumb, ive come to that conclusion myself XD thanks everyone :)

2. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Does the gun work?
    If yes send it its probably fine
    If no try another battery
    If still no then you probably blew mosfet assuming it has one

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    And that reinforces my statement about Airsoft.

Nothing is Made to a Standard. The Standard for a Tamiya Connector is that the round connector is ALWAYS positive and for the T/Deans Connector it is ALWAYS that Top of the T that is positive.

None of the Airsoft accessory makers know these rules...sad.

4. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

All modern CM16 series have MOSFET controllers, reverse polarity seems to be protected according to the user manual (pg.12 in English).

I'm not sure which generation the controller is but the first gens in particular did not like being driven on anything less than 3s lipo, 7.2v NiMH may be hitting low voltage cutoff and if the AEG is one of those that wants 11.1v then a 9.6v NiMH may be hitting LVC as well.

Fix the adapter or get another one and try again. If you have tools to pull the mtamiya side pins you can just reverse them in the connector body, if not then cutting the wires and resoldering is what you need to do.

Spacemonkey and Ben3721 like this.
  5. Jamesking

Jamesking Member

South bend
    Dose the gun still work?
    If not check the battery and try a new one
    If still not work then you probably blew mosfet that is if it has one

6. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Active Member

Hamilton
    It's not really your fault. I blame the manufacturer, they should have known better. The gun is probably fine unless the mosfet got fried, I'd be more worried for the battery. Lipos are fairly sensitive.