Help Me Choose. M4 M16 Must Be Upgradeable

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by mmulisha84, Dec 14, 2015.

1. mmulisha84

mmulisha84 New Member

Kenosha
    Im just getting into Airsoft, I have been involved in Paintball for a few years now.
    It seems hard to determine what guns are going to be upgradeable and which won't be. Im looking at a 300 dollar budget, I would like a decent shooter out of the box, but also want something that can take a bunch of mods down the road.
    Any advice? So far the one I have been thinking about is this one.
    http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/4067-gandg-gc16-series-m4-ris-raider-full-metal-airsoft-aeg-rifle-black.aspx
    or I really like the looks of this one
    http://www.evike.com/products/41567/

But being new to this game, I don't know who the good manufactures are and aren't.
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow

3. mmulisha84

mmulisha84 New Member

Kenosha
    Yea, I really like the looks of that one, I won't be playing to many serious games, just with friends so as far as the shininess its not a big deal.

Thats says it needs a butter fly battery I assume thats the split packs?

4. HighVelocityFish

HighVelocityFish Member

Fort Wayne
    That is correct, sir... it's intended to fit a NiMH battery such as this one:
    [​IMG]

If you haven't read it already, Shadow's "Things to Consider When Buying an Airsoft Gun" ( http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f88/things-consider-when-choosing-airsoft-gun-25822/ ) is worth a read, as are the various recommendation threads. That said, I don't think you could go wrong with the G&P. Though I do not own one myself, I don't often hear bad things about them.

I'd imagine that last hundred would be useful for buying magazines, batteries, and the gear you need, though if you're a paintballer, you can probably use a some of your preexisting stuff(masks, camo, perhaps even load-bearing gear) while you acclimate. Assuming you're in the US, 1990s-era surplus gear is usually pretty cheap.

Now that all that's said, welcome to the sport! Airsoft is, perhaps even more so than paintball, a voyage of discovery. There are lots of tips and tricks the old hands can teach you about tuning your rifle, so stay curious!

5. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    Keep in mind that G&P's are wired to Deans so make sure whichever batteries you use have Deans connectors.

6. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    This would be a great opportunity to start converting to Deans connectors. If not, there is always the adapter route; Just look up mini female tamiya to male deans.

7. thunder8190

thunder8190 Member

Cedar Rapids
    Well I currently own a KWA M16 which is a great gun, but you definitely don't want it for upgrading, I would recommend a VFC M16 if you plan to upgrade

8. mmulisha84

mmulisha84 New Member

Kenosha
    One last thing, any recommendation on BBs what brand, what weight? Thanks

9. luciouseyebrowz

luciouseyebrowz New Member

Philadelphia Suburbs
    Goldenball is pretty popular. As for weight, it really depends on how you play. Most people use .25g and .28g for assault rifles.

10. ObamasTaxes

ObamasTaxes New Member

Hackettstown
    Can't open the links you've provided because they're blocked (Love school), but I read G&G and G&P. If it's not linked currently, G&G actually came out with a new line of combat machines with mosfets. They're surprisingly very nice and it'll be the only time I'd actually recommend G&G, not to mention they're very easy to upgrade. G&P will be better externally, however internally they're both decent. G&P probably will be a bit better, but do remember G&G now has mosfets that come with the gun which is great since you can use a Lipo ootb. Lipos are a more powerful battery that will give increased trigger response and ROF. However they will put more stress on your gun. so I'd recommend a 7.4 Lipo since it's equivalent to a 9.6 NiMH. Moving along from that, Krytac is a very good company as well. Good externals, good internals, and a nice quick change (makes it easy for the techs). However ootb Amoebas really kick *** if you want trigger response. Externally they aren't the best but internally they will provide one of the best trigger responses you'll find on an AEG stock.