Help me out, please! Swapping AEGs

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by jmccoy, May 22, 2017.

1. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    Hello,
    I've recently purchased a Cyma CM002. I upgraded its hopup to a Prowin unit and its inner barrel for a 6.03mm. I'm not even going to ask what you guys think of this AEG because I've heard enough about how cheap it is and bla bla bla.

I was thinking about swapping it for the Sig Sauer 556 Shorty from King Arms. You need to know that I live in Brazil, where airsoft guns are pretty darn expensive. So I'm going for a cost-benefit approach here. What are your thoughts on this? Should I do it or it's tomayto tomahto?

Thank you all in advance,
    J.

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    CYMA CM002 is far from cheap. Its gearbox is better built than King Arms.

Who says it is cheap?

3. Soulres

Soulres Member

Kenosha,WI
    I wouldn't do it, I recently had my hands on one in a trade deal and it doesnt fit all m4/16 magazines, Magazines also wont drop free under their own way (most) so you have to yank them out, The mag release is out of reach of your fingure (Further up and down than the M4/16's) unless you got extra large hands.The EBB is fun and its best feature however the "Shorty" Is based off the Civilian Sig552 thus giving the selector switch only 2 settings, and full auto is just it spun all the way around. Its a expensive gun from what could gather, and if I were you I would buy something better for the money.

4. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    Seriously? I've read on the web that Cyma's AKs had quality internal components but the M4s on the other hand had cheap ones. Is this incorrect? Anyway, you wouldn't recommend to swap it for the King Arms Shorty. Ok.

Speaking of which, I left my CM002 at the local gunsmith because there's something wrong with its trigger. I also asked him to list components that require upgrade. Care to put your two cents in?

Thanks again.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    That's harsh. People sell this gun as if it were sturdy and powerful. That's good to know. Thank you for your input.

6. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    CYMA's not known for their M4s, but that doesn't mean they suck. My old primary was a plastic bodied CYMA M4 and it has more than 20k rounds through it. I never had to open the gearbox, because nothing ever broke, and it still works today.

There are a lot of components you can "upgrade," but nothing is really required. The easiest improvements you can make are switching to a heavier BB weight and using a 7.4v lipo. There are plenty of guides for things like flat hop, shim, AoE, radius, etc on this forum so you can check those out too.

7. jmccoy

jmccoy New Member

Brasilia
    That's some good news. I already use a 7.4v LiPo battery though. I might switch to .25g BBs. I'm not quite the engineer, so I already asked the gunsmith to shim the gears, correct the AoE etc. I'll wait and see how the AEG will perform after that.

Thank you guys for preventing me from wasting my money.