Help. New to upgrading. Hopups/Buckling.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by zMotoWolf, Dec 8, 2015.

1. zMotoWolf

zMotoWolf New Member

Menomonie
    Gun: http://www.evike.com/products/28775
    Barrel: http://www.evike.com/products/31390

Yeah. I have no clue what im doing here. Needs to stay under 400 FPS. I want it to be above 350. (I'll mess with the springs, so it doesnt really matter).

Looking to be able to hit targets accurately out far. I plan on using .25 or .28s.
    Havent slept in a day or two, so I probably sound like an idiot. I'm already dropping over a grand on Evike at the end of december. So yeah.

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    Not sure what hop up unit works best with g&p but you can not go wrong with a pro win hop up unit paired with a maple leaf bucking and nub. If you feel comfortable with more advanced mods then a flat hop mod would get the job done if properly installed, but the maple leaf bucking is much easier to install. I have used both the flat hop mod and maple leaf buckings and, unless your running a high fps set up or heavier bbs than you listed, I could not tell the difference.

3. Zrbrown17

Zrbrown17 Member

Well if your going to spend over 1000 I would definitely get a Krytac they come with a great hop up that locks into place a good nub. It already has a mofset. Trigger response is crazy. And it's a laser beam up to 200 feet. I own Vfc g&g g&p dboys. All sorts of upgraded guns but nothing beats my Krytac! It is completely stock shooting at 385-390. Has better consistency than my fully upgraded DMR I dropped 300 into

4. Zrbrown17

Zrbrown17 Member

5. Swift17

Swift17 Member

Brunswick
    If your going to spend a grand for a dmr style gun, don't get a krytac, they are great beginner to high end guns and don't need any work and are great but they are not the best upgrading platform, you still can do it but your better off choosing a different gun to upgrade, they has some parts which cant be replaced, like the gears, if you want a real true dmr go for sr25 or something along those lines
    http://www.evike.com/products/52549/
    and upgrade everything inside of it, the longer cylinder while make it better for a dmr gun than a standard m4
    if you are not interested in a sr25 you could always look into a p* for a dmr
    or if your set on an AEG start from nothing and build your own dream gun, don't buy a base gun, just build what you want to build

no matter what option you pick get an r hop hands down better than any other hop up set up

6. zMotoWolf

zMotoWolf New Member

Menomonie
    Like I was trying to say, I'm going for a carbine length rifle thats pinpoint accurate... I was gonna even grab 7in free float rails for my M4 and such.

7. zMotoWolf

zMotoWolf New Member

Menomonie
    I just searched Evike for those maple leaf ones, and couldn't find anything. Can you provide a link?

8. zMotoWolf

zMotoWolf New Member

Menomonie
  9. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    75° is the best I would say

10. CasaNOVA_Fly

CasaNOVA_Fly New Member

Bucking
    The Lonex 70D is the best stock bucking, with the G&G green in second (Green is better for flat hopping)

Barrel
    I wouldn't but anything Matrix simply because of their quality control. You might get a good batch, but maybe a bad one. I'd recommend Madbull or Prometheus.

Modifications
    Try using Teflon tape and/or dental instead of C-clips

11. Dannyboyextreme

Dannyboyextreme Active Member

Burbank
    For stock buckings, no. The mound on the Lonex bucking is smaller compared to most bucking and I find myself sometimes having the cranck the hopup a lot more than I should. The Lonex bucking didn't even have enough hop when I installed it into my TEC 9

12. CasaNOVA_Fly

CasaNOVA_Fly New Member

It certainly has a small mound, but when you have it shooting straight, it shoots VERY straight