Help on my G&G

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by FortSandy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Hey guys, I have a G&G CM16 Raider CQB shorty. I'm looking to upgrade it. So first off im looking at this http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=31_55_597&products_id=165

Internals arnt my thing, ive already screwed up one gun's gearbox, so im not messing with that, but my G&G Green hopup is not the best, My gun shoots 315, but I'm looking for a new, one peice hop up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm using .20's. Thanks

EDIT:a small QD barrel extender would.be.nice as well,

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. airsoftplayer14

airsoftplayer14 New Member

Try the one piece mad bull ultimate hop up.

3. commando5184

commando5184 New Member

1HR north of philly
    No, there are better barrels for less, I too have that same gun.

4. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Like?
    Thanks..............

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Looking to just work on the barrel group eh? Well, the madbull barrel is fine. It's easy to bend though, so be careful with it. Bucking wise, I suggest you keep the green bucking. They're really nice IMO. Flat hop it and you should be set With it.

Now onto the hop up arm. You will have to make a nub similar to the M nub for the flat hop. You will also want to shim the hop up arm, do the o ring mod, stabilize your barrel using Teflon tape, and Teflon tape the crap out of your hop up buckings outside on the front. I suggest dabbing done anaerobic gasket maker on the inside of the bucking to barrel contact point to increase your air seal.

Hop up assembly isn't going to matter. Your stock one is more than fine. Please don't suggest the madbull ultimate hop up. It has jamming issues that need to be resolved by removing done stuff. If you're still wanting a new chamber, the Prowin or Lonex chambers are the way to go.

Barrel extension wise, you'll want to get one with 14mm CCW threads. Just find one that you like the looks of. If you want, I can sell you a Blackside suppressor that is FDE.

6. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Thats confusing. I'm new to this.

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    What do you not understand? I cant elaborate on everything.

8. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    If you don't know what he means by some of the mods, you can search them on the forum, and you should find guides on them.

9. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Not really wanting to do this, even though this is probably my best option. I just want a new hop-up / bucking, Would it be better to replace the entire hop up, or just the bucking?

EDIT: Turns out the bucking was not in the right position in my G&G, that is why it shot like crap, I replaced the bucking in the right place, and now it shoots amazing.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  10. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

I put the Madbull Black Python 6.03 247mm barrel in it, and it didnt shoot that much better. Is there a problem?

11. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Yes there is. You bought a Madbull Black Python 6.03 247 mm barrel.

12. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Lol, once barrel stabilization is done there not THAT terrible ;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  13. Zardichar

Zardichar New Member Supporting Member

NW
    We all know what Surfer is going to say next :p

14. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I'm just waiting to get an email from Madbull or Prometheus. It would amuse me so much.

15. Zardichar

NW
    Wait, what?
    Why would they email you?

16. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Hahaha, and I fixed my post above :p

17. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I pretty much spend my days examining to large amounts of people why they are bad... That cannot be good for business.

18. Zardichar

NW
    Oh, lol. I'm not too sure of how many reps actually visit these forums. Also, what's the point of emailing you? To tell you to stop? lol
    Also, I am going with a polished stock barrel now; I found one on ebay. You have convinced me.