Help wanted quick!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by gearhead53, Aug 18, 2015.

1. gearhead53

gearhead53 New Member

Mishawaka
    Sorry for the title, but I need help really really quick. A couple of my friends and I have decided to jump back into airsoft recently after a decent 2 year leave. The problem is, I have a completely disassembled gun with brand new parts just laying around. Having been out of the game for awhile I need some help. I will have a picture attached showing the parts I have right now, along with a list for ease of use. But I really need help on what I should get and what I should be buying(especially like tools, grease, etc.)

Parts I have:
    SHS 13:1 Gen 1 gears
    Lonex V2 Cylinder Head
    ZCI Cylinder
    ZCI Piston Head
    SHS 8mm Bearings??(I don't know brand or size, the size is correct for V2 gearboxes though)
    SHS V2 Tappet Plate
    ZCI V2 Spring Guide
    Mad bull m110 spring
    SHS Shims Packet
    Echo 1 HT Motor
    Scatter plot Sorbo Pads V2 3/16" 40
    Green G&G Bucking(will flathop)

What I need(as far as I know):
    New gearbox shell
    Piston
    Trigger assembly
    Nozzle
    Grease for anything
    Random small parts

[​IMG]

Please help me, I'm on a short deadline!(little over a week and a half)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    This looks like a CM blowback model to me. I would Honestly keep the shell, at least for now. Same with the trigger contacts. As long as they function or aren't broken, they're fine for this setup. Just radius and use Sorbo.

An appropriate piston would be SHS.

Grease would be super lube, both grease and silicon oil.

3. gearhead53

gearhead53 New Member

Mishawaka
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but doesn't the shell already come radiused? Also, what is the difference between a 14T piston and a 15T piston. Would it really matter which I chose? My eventual plan is to use a lipo with this setup and add a mosfet, I might have the budget for this now considering I can use the same shell.

4. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

More likely than not no. You will probably want to radius on your own, but I have seen random occasions where the gb is already radiused straight out of the box

5. gearhead53

gearhead53 New Member

Mishawaka
    Phew, ok, I think I have everything sorted out! I am slowly regaining the knowledge I once had! One thing I still don't know, is what kind of grease should I use for different parts of the gun?

6. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville

Superlube for a brand, silicon grease and oil for a product.

Plastic, metal, and rubber friendly.

7. gearhead53

gearhead53 New Member

Mishawaka

Thank you so much, I hope to be back in airsoft very soon!