Help with choosing AEG

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by robby20419, Nov 24, 2012.

1. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Hey I really want to buy a masada but I'm not sure if there better than other guns in its price range. Tell me what you think or why or why not I should buy a masada

2. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    There are two, the MagPul Masada (manufactured by ARES) and the A&K Masada. Which one are refering to? If it's the ARES one my answer is yes, get something else. It's not worth the cost.
    Will do.

The ARES does have great externals but mediocre internals. Some of which are proprietary. Because of this, a member here, ProtectionPerfection had to buy a completely new gun when his GB shell cracked.

The A&K has mediocre externals but a V2 compatible gearbox so if you're going to upgrade, I'd recommend the A&K. If you are not going to upgrade and are willing to to pay $450 for such a rifle, go with the ARES.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Seyo, please fill out your post a bit more. Why do you say it's not worth the cost? Give the OP some real information to go on here. A suggestion with no substance isn't worth very much.

4. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Well I don't think I want this gun anymore... What's a good gun for the 150-220$ range?

5. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    JG M4, use the extra money for upgrades.

6. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Protection actually just dropped a P* FE into the externals when his GB cracked.

The A&K externals aren't that terrible. The only problems I have with the externals of my A&K Masada is the stock. It will extend if enough force is applied without even pushing in the buttons, so it would not be a wise idea if this happens to attach a sling to the stock. It may extend under its own weight.

7. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
  8. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Thanks seyo but I have 2 questions. One how do i start a new thread or whatever. I'm on the app. And two. I wanted a dboys scar also so I asked a YouTuber and he said dboys was kind of hard to find but I found one and he recommended a g&g scar. Witch do you recommend

9. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    On my Xperia (an oldie) I press the menu button, I then get several options like settings, mark section as read and create a new new thread. No idea how you would do on an iPhone, though. Sorry.

To be honest I don't know much about. SCAR's. I assume that the G&G has better externals. I've also heard of wiring problems with the VFC. Not sure if this applies to the other SCAR's.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to Airsoft Society!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  10. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Well I have refresh and logout and mark as read but no create new... Thanks anyway:)

11. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

DBoYS scar or h&k mp7 l96 sniper rifle??

Hey guys I have seen a lot of videos on both guns and there both I'n my price range of 120-180$ but the mp7 is much cheaper and with that I could go with a mp7 and a sniper in the future. But I will be playing in the woods a lot but I rush so I'm stuck on the fence. Please help me dicide

12. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Got it! That's not so hard. I started a new thread on what gun i should buy. I don't want a average gun kinda want to stick out. And I can sit in the back and snipe I can mp7 rush or scar normal movement... So thank you!

13. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    No problem, glad I could help.

Just to let you know, mods aren't fans of duplicate threads here.

But, what brand are the MP7 and L96? To make a sniper rifle outrange an AEG you need to upgrade them with hundreds of dollars so with an $180 budget I would advise against the sniper rifle.

As I said in your other thread, I don't know much about SCAR's but I do know that it has a V2 gearbox. The gearbox with the best aftermarket support, so if you want to upgrade, go ahead!

14. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Tsd l96 and a h&k kwa mp7

15. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    But the KWA MP7 is way over your budget? It's also a GBB, (Gas BlowBack) which means it requires a lot more maintenance than an AEG, mags are very expensive, there are less upgrades for it and if you're playing in the cold you're toast. Gas is also more expensive than electricity... KWA makes high quality GBB's, though.

As I stated in my previous post, I would not recommend the L96.

16. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Robby,

Let's keep all of your questions to one thread. It'll be much easier for anybody helping you to track what you're looking at and it keeps forum clutter down. I'm going to merge this thread with your last one.

17. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

If you don't already have a functional AEG, go with the SCAR. If you already have an AEG and want to try something new, go with the MP7. Although I've heard that the MP9 is better overall.

18. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Thanks man I think I will stick with the mp7 because i want something more customizable. And the only way I can do that is really a cheaper gun and I also like the mp7s looks. But I think I will get a mp7 and reflex sight.

19. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    But, the MP7 isn't more customizable. Externally or internally.

But have fun, it's a great gun.

20. robby20419

robby20419 New Member

Thanks seyo! :) and I know I'm a huge airsoft newb....