help with my echo1 m28

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by skulltaker631, Dec 4, 2012.

1. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Ok I have had my rifle for 6 months now. I have not had an issue with the piston or Sears yet. I have it sighted in at 180 feet and the grouping is about a half inch apart. I have about 120$ to put into the upgrades . I am looking to increase my range and my grouping and perhaps upgrade the hop up.

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Bad news on the hopup. The unit itself is proprietary, so no aftermarket units. It does however take VSR buckings I believe. So you could pick up a nineball or Firefly hard or something. Then if you want you can try some DIY hopup mods (shim hopup arm, Teflon mod or dental floss mod, top dead center mod) or, if you feel up to it, put an R-hop in it.

3. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Thanks IM going to have to look into this. IM thinking a matrix metal piston. And I seen on YouTube that their is an all metal trigger set. I want to upgrade the barrel. Possibly extend it and then cover it with a silencer .

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
  5. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Wow this is really kool. IM going to have to get me one of those. Do I know if their is any kind of internal barrel I can upgrade too. ? As well as a new spring ? Any suggestions ?

6. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    I assume because it takes vsr buckings it would also take vsr barrels, I think that is.

The spring it takes, I'm not sure of. But I think the stock one is fairly strong. Why do you want a new spring anyway?

7. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    BC of the weight of my bb's I use javlin .4's and it cronos in at 420 or so.. I want to get it up too 450 to 500

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Well to be honest that extra FPS bump won't do much for your gun. In fact it will harm it more then it will make it better.

To begin with, a lot of new snipers say they want a 550 (or another crazy number) fps gun because they believe it will give them super crazy range. That isn't really true. In large increases it can help out in the range department, but not as much as some believe. Really its all in the hopup/barrel quality/BB weight/BB quality that really creates range. And in your case that tiny increase in FPS won't do anything for your rifle. Like I said before, it may even harm your rifle, because your gun uses 45 degree sears, whitch are more prone to fail with stronger springs being installed. You could buy new Steel sears (and you should regardless because the stock ones are cheap pot metal) but in my opinion a new spring is useless. Especially considering your gun already has respectable FPS in its current condition.

9. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    I never thought of it like that before. Thank you. So new inner barrel. R hop. Steel Sears. And a silencer to cover the longer inner barrel. Sounds cheap enough and straight toward to do.. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gITwkzpTg7k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame] this is what IM going off of

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Looks good, but if you really want a solid rifle don't think cheap. Sure you could buy the cheapest parts, but they won't have the quality needed to make your gun really stand out. Look around, check reviews on certain products and compare. Good luck with everything man.

11. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

12. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

Yea it takes Vsr and Bar 10 upgrades.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    VSR upgrades are BAR upgrades... The BAR-10 is a clone of Tokyo Marui's VSR-10. Meaning it uses VSR upgrades. Just so you know.

14. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    Thanks for mentioning me Tyson..

I may have some good news about hopups for the M28...:D

I will be taking my hopup to a buddy of mine that does cnc. I am trying to talk him into being the M28 hopup guy,lol.. I am also planning to set money aside for a "full sized lathe" and make cylinders and outer barrels. I cant say when but its a plan for the future.

15. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

Yea I was just saying because some websites such as evike list some of their parts with the Bar 10 signature.

16. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Evike is a bunch of silly willy's then.

@Ranger

Oooh, hopup units, that's exciting. Well, I'll be looking out for that. Any news on bolt handles, maybe some sweet custom ones for a CA M24 bolt *Hint Hint*, lol?

17. skulltaker631

skulltaker631 New Member

BELLPORT
    Does anyone have any info on the kjw m700 gas. Airsoftgi has it for 185$

18. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    This thread is about the M28, buddy..

19. kevincull

kevincull New Member

How hard is it to pull the bolt back I heard is hard. My frield has the m28 and put a sp170 spring and a new hopup

20. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Onsted
    He better be careful with the bolt handle, them suckers break off at the cylinder. They are only crimped on. I already had to replace mine and I run a less than stock spring.. As for him getting a new hopup, it would have to be a replacement stock hopup because no aftermarket hopup are being made for it yet, and no other hopups fit. Maybe he meant he got a new bucking..