help with P90

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by lovestosnipe, Oct 1, 2012.

1. lovestosnipe

lovestosnipe New Member

I have an echo1 p90 I use a lipo battery that was the exact fit for it. Recently while I was playing one of the cells expanded creating a lot of pressure inside and is now tightly wedged in. I can't get a pair of pliers in there to pinch the battery and pull it out. I already broke the wires trying to pull it out does anyone have an suggestions for getting it out without doing something dumb like popping the cell or breaking the body.

2. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    stick the gun in the freezer. the cell will regain it's size but will start expanding again when reaching room temperature.

since it hasn't exploded yet, make sure the wires do not short out. tape any exposed wires.

you can also remove the mag release to expose a small slot where you can push the battery out with a screw driver or a cleaning rod.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012

3. lovestosnipe

lovestosnipe New Member

Thanks I'll try to freezer thing first

4. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Just a reminder, Lipos become an incendiary device once a cell is swollen. If you continue to use that Lipo it'll then become a matter of when that cell flames out. Lipos are not like most other batteries, they requier the uttermost respect and care.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    they are harmless when there's no charge on them. i've tested this out already. a puffed up LiPo would not charge on my balance charger, so i decided to poke it with a nail. no flames or explosion... i was bummed.

therefore, when they puff up, drain them. i haven't really disposed of all my bad LiPo's yet. still in storage in a tin can with no charge.

6. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Concider yourself lucky, I've seen what happens when people abuse Liops... Three times. And had one friend burn down his garage for leaving a lipo pluged into his RC plane overnight. I just want people to know that they're not toys. Yes, they do power toys, but that doesn't mean they should be treated like one.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Carry on.

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    luck had nothing to do with it. LiPo needs a charge to convert that energy into heat. no fuel... no burn...

use a volt meter to test the charge. i did and wanted to see what happens when a dead puffed up LiPo is physically damaged. nothing happened. my next experiments will be forcing a charge on the bad LiPo's to cause a fire ball. i'll use a car charger for this (balance chargers detects bad LiPo's). i already know what to expect so luck really didn't play much factor into this.