Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new to the forums and planning on buying a polarstar. Ive tried doing as much research as i could and i get the basic idea behind it. But, I still have a few questions. First, I plan on buying an "Amped Airsoft Fusion Engine Kit" .It comes with the engine, air tank and the air rig. http://www.ampedairsoft.com/amped-a...ion-engine-hpa-tank-air-rig-battery-solution/. Does this require anything else beside the body to operate. I plan on buying a prowin hop up unit with a lonex bucking. Also, will this work if i drop the engine into a KWA Km16. I know it has a weird hop up and gearbox system but, that will be gone. And, what is a "Low Flow Poppet" and is it important. Finally will a R-hop and M-Nub by hunterseeker work with a polarstar. Are there any other upgrades recommenced for a polarstar. Thanks

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Hey, I'm new to the forums and planning on buying a polarstar. Ive tried doing as much research as i could and i get the basic idea behind it. But, I still have a few questions. First, I plan on buying an "Amped Airsoft Fusion Engine Kit" .It comes with the engine, air tank and the air rig. http://www.ampedairsoft.com/amped-a...ion-engine-hpa-tank-air-rig-battery-solution/. Does this require anything else beside the body to operate. I plan on buying a prowin hop up unit with a lonex bucking. Also, will this work if i drop the engine into a KWA Km16. I know it has a weird hop up and gearbox system but, that will be gone. And, what is a "Low Flow Poppet" and is it important. Finally will a R-hop and M-Nub by hunterseeker work with a polarstar. Are there any other upgrades recommenced for a polarstar. Thanks
There are a couple of things you might want to consider when investing in a Polarstar. I definitely would spend the extra money on a Firebase regulator. It can handle not only SLP (low pressure) tanks as well as standard tanks. I would also invest in the carbon fiber tank over a metal one. They are stronger and weigh a great deal less. That's important when you are lugging the tank around all day.

In addition to the air rig, you will need a hop up unit, inner barrel and hop up bucking/nub. I recommend a Prowin hop up unit if you haven't already bought one. As far as buckings go, the prommy purple has done well. Other players have had good luck with Maple Leaf 70 buckings. I have found that the Maple Leaf needs about 2500 bbs to "break in" properly. I would use a prommy bridge nub with the bucking. I have heard that R-hops work well with P* but I have found that a flat bucking works very well and needs much less maintenance and tweaking than an R Hop.

A low flow poppet helps you conserve air and consequently allows you to get more shots out of one tank. That is something you can check into later.

Although I KWAs are fine as far as AEGs are concerned, I would not use it as a basis for a P*. You will probably have to modify the the pin tabs on the back of the upper to get it to work with the standard P* selector plate. You might be able to avoid this modification by switching out the P* selector plate for the stock KWA one. Actually the Wolverine SMP seems to do better with KWA guns and seem to cause fewer problems with the two piece hop up.

Hope this helps...

· Registered
13 Posts
I also was going to install my polar star in my KWA RIS but I heard that the body of the KWA needs to be modified some. I ended up buying a Krytac SPR and actually it shoots amazing as a AEG. I ended up installing the polar star myself and it was easy. I bought the new high pressure hose from AMPED airsoft and turned my hose to feed from the rear of the gun instead of the grip.
I also bought the gold poppet valve but have not installed it yet. Note that you will loose fps if you keep the stock nozzle. The red nozzle is recommended if you are using the gold poppet.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
I also was going to install my polar star in my KWA RIS but I heard that the body of the KWA needs to be modified some. I ended up buying a Krytac SPR and actually it shoots amazing as a AEG. I ended up installing the polar star myself and it was easy. I bought the new high pressure hose from AMPED airsoft and turned my hose to feed from the rear of the gun instead of the grip.
I also bought the gold poppet valve but have not installed it yet. Note that you will loose fps if you keep the stock nozzle. The red nozzle is recommended if you are using the gold poppet.
If you want to be really air efficient, you can get someone to bore out the nozzle to a red+.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.