Help with starting a new airsoft team

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by ThunderHawk, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderHawk

ThunderHawk New Member

Kemmerer
    Okay, just to fill people in, I'm the CO of a starting airsoft team in Kemmerer, WY. We've labeled ourselves the Sturmoviks, and are just starting off with six players. I would like to ask for help on how to make sure the team gets up and running in a proffesional manner from the get-go, especially since we want to try and be milsim unit.

Anyways, I do have two specific questions needing answers, besides the general help and knowledge. First, is it allowable in the airsoft community to use the rank symbols and associated systems of the real US military? Or is it required to set up your own set of patches and ranks? (Just to set the record, our promotions don't go off kill ratios, but off of honor, conduct, sportsmanship, attendance, etc. Kill ratio promotion just encourages cheating.)

Also, any recommendations on what ranks to use and their resective responsibilities? I'm also wanting to have new members train as no-insignia privates for a time period, then graduate to a higher rank depending on their skillsets and conduct (lower rank for not-so-good players, higher for excellent players.)

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

2. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    This has been asked many times and if you do a quick search im sure you can find more info.

IMO you don't need ranks in airsoft. Having ranks just complicates things. You should know who is experianced and not as experianced on your team without needing ranks.

Kill ratios don't matter. We arn't in a video game... Not to mention I can't think of anyone who actually keeps track of how many kills to deaths they have. It's a game we play for fun not stats.

Sure you can set-up your own patch. Many teams do. It's a symbol that represents your team. They arn't exspensive to make.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.