Help with the Scar H

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Zultan, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Zultan

Zultan New Member

prosperity
    Can anyone tell me about there personal discoveries of good tactics to use with the Scar H replicas or about any attachments that did them well on it? Also I am having a problem with my Hop- up, Should i try a heavier BB or should I invest in a tight bore barrell? My barell is 6.08 mm which i hear is very large compared to other AEG's. I run the D-Boys Scar. All suggest will be greatly apreciated.

2. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    well my advice would be go with what ever sort of role you plan on playing in the field.

pointman/scout/recon, rifleman, grenadier, marksman?

if you're going to be a pointman/scount/recon, i'd say maybe a reflex or red dot sight of some sort.
    rifleman, i'd say get a verticle grip, or a 45 grip to help steady your aim. maybe some sort of non-magnifying optic.

grenadier get an under barrel grenade launcher.

markesmen try a suppressor and an acog. (the suppressor will act to lengthen the barrel and help increase accuracy)

these are just general ideas, i haven't used any make of a scar but it's a battle rifle so the basics will be the same for all battle rifles with similar stats.

3. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    Externally, most things are for looks and a personal decision on what's more comfortable for the user. I personally don't like magnified optics much since airsoft engagements really don't require any, though some might like a little zoom. A nice red dot with large window that I can easily see though is my preference, again it may differ.

Seeing as recoil in airsoft is virtually nonexistent, things like bipods, vertical grips, etc. are again, personal decisions based on looks and comfort, if you want it do it. I personally like the AFG over a handstop or tradition vertical grip but it's best you try some out on your own and decide what it the most comfortable/fits your shooting style.

What's your hop up trouble specifically? Of course using heavier bb's is always recommended when possible (I like to run .3s but my setups are a bit more built around that weight, usually I'd recommend a .25). But if your hop up isn't functioning correctly then you may need to replace your bucking, nub, or even barrel (6.08 is the standard stock bore, the 6.03 is pretty much universally the best bore size for AEGs).

No, no it won't. Suppressors/mock silencers in airsoft are exactly that, mock. Most don't have a quieting effect on AEGs (seeing as the majority of the sound is coming from the mechanical function of the gearbox rather than the actual propellant of the projectile) and they don't increase anything unless you're actually running a inner barrel through it. Literally all it is is a screw on tube of metal/plastic for looks.

If you want to run a suppressor go ahead, but again, it's for looks unless you're using it to cover an inner barrel that runs longer than your outer barrel.

4. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Pretty sure that's what he meant with the silencer.

I used to have a DBoys Scar H. Poor thing...It had an issue with the wire contacts in the folding stock and a battery fried in the stock. I found an angled foregrip to work real well. Once you fix your hopup and fine tune it. Maybe look into a barrel to replace that stock brass one. I would recommend getting a barrel extension and at least putting in a 363mm 6.03mm. It worked well for me.

5. Zultan

Zultan New Member

prosperity
    Thansk so much I dont use the folding stock folded, but my hop up is not malfunctioning i am just trying to "fine tune" it. I noticed your signature and thought I would let you know that my birthday is 9/11.

6. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Ahhh. Ok

I'll be remembering your birthday as well then. :)