Help with Wi-fi

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by TheColdFront, Nov 5, 2012.

1. TheColdFront

TheColdFront New Member

De Soto
    Hey everyone,
    I've had the same wifi for a while now and for a few years its been the slowest ever. I gaurantee you don't have a slower connection than me (For XBOX live and wifi that is)
    I need some help on what may be going wrong with it such as solutions on what to do to get it going fast again.
    My wifi on my ipod the icon will turn off randomly and about twice a minute for about 5-15 seconds each. Then if I'm watching a youtube video or whatever will stop loading and I will need to retry.
    I get kicked out of XBOX live matches ALL the time and my conncection is always the worst in the lobby and is SUPER laggy. Eventually within 20 minutes it will disconnect me from XBOX live.
    Wondering if you have solutions since all these new video games are coming out and I want a fast connection!
    Thanks (Btw I have tried turning it on and off and unplugging all cords, etc.)

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    -Upgrade your internet package
    -Buy a better router

3. TheColdFront

TheColdFront New Member

De Soto
    Also I have it connected straight to my XBOX thorugh and ethernet cord shoudnt that ensure I have a fast connection? I run it through our local telephone company too if that makes a difference.

4. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Ethernet is a better connection than using a wireless adapter but it still all depends on location, internet package, and router.

5. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    Get a new and better ISP if it's been like that ever since you got the current ISP.

6. TheColdFront

TheColdFront New Member

De Soto
    Thanks for the help I will definately do that and ask for it for a Christmas present, any ideas on how to speed it up until then if possible?

7. soviet

soviet New Member

Un plugging and letting it sit for five minutes. Always helps mine not for the long term only short.