Help?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by CQB, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CQB

CQB New Member

This will not slide onto the rail. All the screws are out. I have no idea why it is not working.

In addition, my mock suppressor makes my WE 1911 impossible to cock.

Any help?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    What will not slide into the rail?
    Get an extension for the outer barrel and the silencer.

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    The lip of the suppressor is catching on the bottom portion.

4. CQB

CQB New Member

I'm adding a washer and I hope that might fix it from touching the lip.

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    A washer wont do anything. The suppressor is to fat.

6. CQB

CQB New Member

The suppressor will work if I put it on half way. It has a small amount of tilt to it but it works.

Any ideas about the rail though?

7. airsoftgunner14

airsoftgunner14 New Member

im pretty sure the rails on the bottom of pistols are not the same as a weaver mount depending on the pistol. by the looks of it your pistol does not have a weaver mount on the bottom and you have a flashlight with a weaver mount. to make it more simple, your flashlight most likely wont fit on your pistol.

8. CQB

CQB New Member

It will not fit my cheap WELL sniper as well. The rails on both are metal and I think they are the same size.

9. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Most pistols do use a standard weaver mount. I want to say that either Glocks or H&Ks use a different sized rail, but off of the top of my head I can't remember which one. In any case, if what you're trying to mount won't fit on your rifle rail either, then it's probably just poorly manufactured. Just to be sure though, you have loosened it however it may loosen, right? Unscrewed the screw on the side or toggled a QR switch or whatever it may need?

As for your suppressor, you're pretty much on the right track. Your barrel needs to draw back a bit more and can't because the suppressor is hitting the guide rod. Shim the suppressor out a bit using a series of washers that aren't wide enough to hit the guide rod and you're good to go. A split-lock washer might give you the best inner and outer diameters, as well as apply a bit of tension on the system to keep the silencer from shaking loose when firing. A spring of the right size cut to length may work as well.

10. CQB

CQB New Member

The mount is fully loosened, yet it can't side on. I am disappointed on the laser but the suppressor is not a big deal. It still looks great and the gun can still function.

11. CQB

CQB New Member

The washer works! I can now rock a silencer and also remove the threaded barrel from my gun within seconds!!