help!

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by AJ_Jordan, Jul 22, 2012.

1. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

I took my gearbox apart tonight because my motor was not making contact with my gears. Well I didn't think about the spring inside the gun do once I got it pulled apart everything fell apart a diagram or some instructions on putting this back together?

2. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I think you missed a few words in your post, but I think I figured out what you're trying to say... You took your gearbox apart, when you opened it the gearbox "Exploded". So now you're looking for a diagram to help you put it back together.

I'm not sure which version gearbox you have or which gun it's for, so I'm led to say your best bet would be to go to Youtube and search "Version # Gearbox disassemble" videos. Where "#" is the number gearbox you have. And yes I know I said disassemble, that's because many disassemble videos will also re-assemble or at least have a link leading to a reassembly video.

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Either YouTube like Buster said, or search google images for a gearbox diagram. What gun do you have? I'm assuming M4 based on your profile picture, which would be a V2.

4. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Why didn't you just adjust you motor height?

5. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    We’re here to help him with the problem at hand, not worry about what could have happened.

OP, is that a JG cqb ris or a lower quality TF16?

6. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

If it is a JG m4 CQB, I have one it is just your standard v2 gearbox with a quite annoying anti reversal latch I might add. As far as getting it back to get her watch Evike's v2 gearbox reassembly guide .

7. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Ok so now I got it back together and I made sure I had it cleaned and greased like the youtube video said. But still same problem. Motor quill not turn the gears. So my next question is what next? The original problem started afters switching my pistol grips now even with it in place I can't get the motor to turn the gears. I can do it manually and the gun fires after a while but I just can't get the motor to turn. Used fully charged batteries reinstalled original grip. The motor turns on but, no fire. Any suggestions? Thanks you guys.

Oh and this is not my gun showed but it is an m4. It is a gng with upgraded gearbox and high torque motor.

And on my gear box it says gr16

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  8. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Sounds like the problem is your motor alignment. There's a screw on the bottom of the pistol grip. When you turn it it raises/lowers the motor closer to/further from the gears in your gearbox. You need to raise it a bit so it makes contact with the gears.
    Again, there are quite a few YouTube videos if you need more help or insight.

This is a very common problem when you disassemble your gearbox, or do internal upgrades/modifications.

9. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Ok went on you tube tried to fix it still no luck. I replaced the ground wires because pt was chewed up and still can't seem to get it to fire I can do it manually but the motor just don't turn it. I have tried 3 different motors and still no go. Someone told me it could be the trigger mechanism but I don't know how reliable that source is..

10. AKkid

AKkid New Member

Like buster said, there is a screw u twist and it adjusts the mito height

11. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

I have tried that. That was the first thing I did

12. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Any other suggestions?

13. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    is your piston off track? there is a set of tracks your piston follows when going back and forth in the gun. if not put back in correctly it can go off track and the piston will get stuck. if you open the gun and look @ the gear box and see your piston all the way back its a good indication that something is not quite right inside.

14. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Ok I will try that tonight

15. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Ok, I am to the conclusion that I just might buy a new gearbox and replacing my working gearbox from my m4 that I bought with the broken one. Another question for you techs out there where can I get a gearbox that can shoot 450+ fps and how much is it going to cost me?

16. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    I don't see why you would do that. It's a simple job of turning the bottom screw until it makes contact with your gears. You might have turned it to much and now the gears are too tight, also it will cost you about 75$ to get a jg gearbox.

17. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

I have tried readjusting the motor height. I have taken this thing completely apart multiple times. Cleaned it reshimmed. Replaced motor. I really don't know what else I should or can do.

18. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    Well that's not the problem then if you keep doing the same thing over and per but get the same results. Can you take pics of the gearbox? Also do you know how to properly shim or are you just throwing them on their?

19. AJ_Jordan

AJ_Jordan New Member

Ok well I took apart again I finally got the motor to start pulling the piston back, but it will fire once and now it won't pull it all the way back I assume that it is the area of engagement. Am I correct

20. chi-airsofter

chi-airsofter Member

mokena
    No it's not the aoe, but good job. Can you get any pics up of the motor meshing with your gears or a video?