Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Gary2599, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Gary2599

Gary2599 New Member

I'm new to airsoft and I have NO idea what I'm doing I found a gun I like and it is a spring gun with 300 fps. Is that any good? It's a H&K

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Depends are you doing backyard airsoft with friends who all have spring guns? Or are you going to a field. I go to fields and to me that is a terrible terrible gun, also if you have no idea what you're doing not sure you've researched enough.

3. Gary2599

Gary2599 New Member

Yes everyone has spring guns and yea it's just a bunch of my friends in the woods by our house.

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Then yeah don't worry you'll be fine, although what's the price you're paying?

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Think of it this way. Me and a small group of friends started with $5-$20 spring pistols and shotguns from Wal-Mart. Someone purchased a $20 electric M4 from eBay, then we all upgraded. Then someone else got a $100 MP5, then again the rest of us upgraded. 7 (almost 8) years later, the ones who are still left have high end $300+ dollar guns.

Everyone has a level of which they want to play on. Start on step 1 and upgrade it step by step. Worse thing you can do is spend $500 on a gun and not use it after a month from now. Remember, this entire sport is about fun, enjoying yourself, and relieving stress. Or as I say "Umma relieve my white stress all over the enemy!"

6. fradd

fradd New Member

If everyone has spring guns, buy an AEG. Like Buster said, they will soon follow if they're interested in getting into airsoft more.

7. KDAalternative

KDAalternative New Member

Chipley
    That's a very good way to start out

8. champo98

champo98 New Member

Yeah, if your not overpaying for a spring gun, go for it. I think most respectable players started with something on the low end, and moved on from there.

9. blackoutarmory

blackoutarmory Member

Orange
    its fine for backyard shooting

10. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yup, that's fine to start with. I started with stuff like that. It was fun, but then became more serious