Help!!

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by sullidge1, Dec 18, 2012.

1. sullidge1

sullidge1 New Member

I have just bought a brand new G&G GC16 Raider-s and am new to the sport, was wondering a few things and cud do with some aswers.

Upon first opening is there anything i need to do before first use : eg grease it, shim it. Or is that done from factory?

Secondly i have a high pich shrill noise coming from i guess the motor or gearbox, is that an easy fix?

Please help as i would like to play in the next few days but dont want to break this stunning bit of kit.

Thanks

2. bal1

bal1 New Member

For screeching adjust motor height, then use proper spelling and grammar. Otherwise you're good.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012

3. Kavv

Kavv New Member

You used the wrong "your". You're not a very good grammar policeman. :)

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    The motor height will be the high pitch noise. that is easily fixed by turning the big screw on the bottom of the pistol grip. start by tightening it a little and see if it quiets down. then loosen it. when you get the high pitch noise to go away and you hear a clean noise and pop from the barrel over everything else, you are then set.

as far as having to shim or lube, if its brand new, you dont NEED to. it has a basic quick job from the factory. after a few thousand rounds, I would suggest a reshim, AOE correction and relube. This will help keep your gun running longer.

5. bal1

bal1 New Member

No, that is correct.

6. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    you are = you're jesus, 20 characters

7. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    ಠ_ಠ

Your: shows possession.
    You're: Contraction for You are.

OP, the screeching is most likely the motor height. Adjust it as explained above.

As for shimming and such, It technically is done from the factory, but most stock guns have pretty crappy stock shim jobs. It is something to be redone, but not unless you know what you are doing or know someone that knows what they're doing.

It should be regreased, reshimmed, and have AOE corrected.