Help

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TheNegro, Dec 26, 2012.

1. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    I was just doing some plinking in the backyard, and when i came inside the house i noticed a strange smell. Then, i saw smoke coming out of my gun[crane stock,where battery is], and it was VERY hot. Me and my dad took it out and the plastic around the battery was all split up and some of the batteries got skinned[reverted to original look,silver]. WTF? The batteries are now sitting on my deck, outside of the house.

The batteries i was using,http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_47_625&products_id=8752

RIGHT Now as of 8:06 Pm the handguard is still hot/warm. the accident happened approximately 15-20 minutes ago

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Were any of the wires exposed or something? Sounds similar to what happened to a battery of mine when the connectors touched.

3. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    what do you mean by exposed?

4. osawaab

osawaab Active Member Supporting Member

Charlotte and or A galaxy far, far away
    A wire normally has rubber or plastic around it, when it exposed you can see the copper colored
    Wire.

5. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    no none of the wires were exposed

6. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    I have that battery. Mine gets hot from charging but not from shooting. You got a dud. You overheated the cells. If it cools down and seems to look good, no wires exposed, burnt and seems to be okay then try it on semi for a bit. If it overheats and burns again then toss it.

7. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    If overcharging you battery is all it is and it isn't exposed wires or connectors, then I would highly recommend that you get a smart charger. They will not overcharge your battery and charging takes about 45 minutes instead of a few hours.

8. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    I used a smart charger

9. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    What gun were you using and what kinda plinking were you doing? Hardcore plinking or just casual plinking?

10. TheNegro

TheNegro New Member

Atlanta
    G&G CM16 Raider, I did a lot of semi-auto, the when i was getting cold i finished off the coke cans with around 4 seconds of full auto.

11. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    That's not hardcore at all. Semi uses less juice so it shouldn't heat you battery up like that. I would get a new battery still just in case this happens again or its permanent.

12. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Semi actually uses more power... Some guy was explaining to me something like, semi is turning cold water to hot, and you have to do that every shot and full auto is turning cold water to hot, but keeping it there for the shots.

13. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Well the discharge rate on lipos got my thinking that semi used less. It says constant 20c and peak(10second) 30c. Constant as in firing at steady rates. Peak as in firing full auto for more than 10 seconds.