Hey guys. Reside in Norfolk.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Navyhodge, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Whats up guys? Just got stationed in Norfolk, Virginia after a long 9 months around the world from Everett, Washington. I'll be migrating to Portsmouth here in about a week. I'm 19 years old and I've been playing (serious) airsoft for about 6-7 years now. I'm obviously pretty new to the area, and am excited to be getting back into airsoft again (dropped a good $1k to get back into it). Not to sure what fields are around here besides Ballahack, which I've heard is one of the most outstanding fields on the East coast. Currently, I run a Socom VFC Noveski 10.5'' M4 with with a 11.1v LIPO. I keep a KWA TT-33, and a WE Glock 17 as my side arms, and my load out consists of a OD plate carrier with an OD Tactical shirt, A-tacs FG pants and other assorted equipment (including walkie set with bowman headset). I'm pretty big tactical gear head.. I'm a huge fan of milslim games, although I have yet to stack up on Midcaps.... Not much else to intro. Looking to get involved into a serious milslim team if there's one out there (wouldn't mind trying out for it either). I Look forward to meeting some of you guys and joining you on the field.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  2. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    Welcome, I live in Virginia too! there's a place up in Manassas called Airsoft CQB, theres also another place called Ballahack near Virginia Beach and few others scattered around, not in Fredericksburg. I formed my own competitive airsoft team, but its still under construction, we are recruiting thou.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

3. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I haven't heard of Manassas yet, but then again I haven't looked around much. I am familiar with Ballahack though. What can you tell me about your team?

4. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    There are some Milsim teams but the only one I personally know is ACVT. Airsoft Club at Virginia Tech. They mostly do VA and NC milsim.

5. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Unfortunatley, Virginia Tech is a little bit of a trip for me..Trying to find a team in a Hapton Roads, Norfolk, VA beach, Chesapeak area.

6. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    Ah ok then we will be out of the way. We are competitive but we aren't milsim yet, we are still recruiting and constructing. We have Alpha Team and Bravo Team. Alpha Team is the Assault Squad and Bravo Team is the support squad.

7. Itsahak

Itsahak Member

There are tons of events each weekend in VA. Plug in on the site I PM'ed you, or check the VA.org facebook page. As for strict MilSim teams/games, that may be a little harder to find...

8. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    I appreciate that, Itsahak. I'm not necesarrily looking for milslim team games, just a Team that operates with milslim fundamentals and rules. I'm not real picky is what I'm trying to say. I suppose in my introduction I was a tad-bit misleading.

9. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

I'm guessing you're in the U.S. Navy?? Or possibly the Marines?

10. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    \

Yes, I'm in the U.S. Navy.

11. Itsahak

Itsahak Member

When I started playing in 03/04, teams were everywhere! Somewhere in the last 4 years or so the whole team concept seems to have waned. There are still several groups that play together, but not what I'd consider to be an actual team... But you can find the level of action your looking for...

12. Pumpkin

Pumpkin New Member

Fredericksburg
    yea right now its just a group of friends, I'm trying to form a team, get patches, ranks, etc.. but yeah, i'm sure you can find milsim teams somewhere.

13. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Yeah team play has gone down some. I know I saw on Craigslist somebody looking for members for a team, believe it was 18+ only too. Craigslist is not a bad way to look but I know ballahack has some informal groups that play together and maybe a couple teams that maybe arnt into going to milsim events but do play in a milsim style.

14. Navyhodge

Navyhodge New Member

Norfolk
    Appreciate the help. I'm still diligently searching. Just a hurry up and wait process.

15. SPIKE

SPIKE New Member

MARCO ISLAND
    WELCOME!
    Great place for info and help.

16. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    hurry up and wait is a story we know all to well isn't it?