Hey some upgrade questions.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Airsoftmania, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Airsoftmania

Airsoftmania New Member

philippi
    Well i got a Jg m4 s-system...... Had it for about 3 months now...

How can I increase the range... I'm trying to turn it into a sniper... Are field limit is 450Fps for full auto.. anything over has to be single shot.. So Im looking for the fps of 425 or so.
    Right now my gun shoots about 375-385.. I wont like to have nice range.. "if that's even possible"

I just got done messing around with it in my back yard... For some reason my .20s shoot better then my .25s.... So idk whats up with that but yea any suggestions would be appreciated...

I'm trying to stay under 150$..

2. g_love

g_love New Member

Well some things that I know that can help increase range would be to upgrade the hopup (I used a systema black but a lot of people recommend the madbull blue), upgrade the barrel to a 6.03 mm barrel, and get heavier bb's (.25s can be good but I don't know enough on the subject to say for sure. If your .25s aren't performing well, considering getting different ones). That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are people significantly more knowledgeable than I am that can help you. For example, I know Alex (he is on the forum) made a JG S-System DMR so he might be able to help.

3. Airsoftmania

Airsoftmania New Member

philippi
    ah ok.. never herd of him :p Thanks for help.....

Also this is my gun..

http://airsoftmegastore.com/1908-JG...-Tight-Bore-Barrel-Newest-Enhanced-Model.aspx
    "Im thinking if i should ever get a tightbore cause it comes with 1..... I might just upgrade to a new bucking.. and New piston head, new cylinder head, and new air nozle.. and a m120 spring... That should probaly do it. Atleast i hope..

and thx again.. ill try a diffrent brand of bbs..i bought them from a airsoft shop about 30miles from here.

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
  5. Airsoftmania

Airsoftmania New Member

philippi
    Thanks... for the forum. Has a lot of things I didn't no about. A little confusing but if i take it to my local air soft shop , they can probably explain it to me and find the fitting pieces into my gun..