HFC or Umarex?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Dage1, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Dage1

Dage1 New Member

So I've always wanted a Revolver for myself, and I was considering a cheap one just to play around with like the HFC Savaging Bull 6", but..I also want a CO2 Blowback Pistol, and I've been looking at the Umarex SA177 Air Pistol (Black,Medium). I also heard the Savaging Bull is bad.

2. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    I've bought 2 HFC revolvers, the savaging bull ones. The first can only be used in double action, the other is fine. However, both guns have hopeless accuracy and range. As for the umarex, they have notorious stories about the problems they have. I would reccomend the Tactical Force g17 if you like Co2, $5-10 magzines and blowback. I don't like AMS, but they have the best price on the gun AFAIK: http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/180...-Semi-Automatic-Heavyweight-Pistol-Black.aspx

3. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    Dont buy a HFC revolver. They're horribly inaccurate and the gas valve blew in my buddy's, I watched it happen.

4. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I have also owned a HFC Revolver and I have to say it is not the most effective airsoft gun. They are only accurate up to 40 feet and hold the gas in the grip. I have also heard of problem with them with the externals not lasting long but I have abused my for the last few months and have seen a problem. The only thing they useful for are for looks and last resort pistols for uses of under 40ft.

5. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Umarex is not a brand. They license airsoft guns. As for hfc, you are better off saving a little bit more and getting a kjw. The savaging bull is not that great because revolvers don't have hop ups. Also, don't get a c02 pistol, c02 puts more wear on the gun and makes it shoot to hard to be used it close quarter situations.

6. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    The gun I listed shoots a little below 350. If the gun uses less gas per shot the bb is not fired as quickly and the Co2 does not affect the gun as much. Know 2 people with that gun now, one has had it work flawlessly for a couple months, the other for 2 years. It is nice too because the gun doesn't smell like egg. Mind you the gun is not the same as a gas KWA or Marui, but its roughly half the price.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I would highly recomend the kjw, propane is a lot cheaper than co2. But if it is between the two go with the c02 gun. What is the brand of it, umarex is not a brand.

8. Dage1

Dage1 New Member

Alright, thanks guys, I might consider that Tactical gun. Totally of topic, but will the UTG Type 96 Tri-Rail Bipod Adapter fit on my Double Eagle L96?

9. OxiClean

OxiClean New Member

Warren
    Tactical force, they also make a fairly inexpensive M11. As for Co2 I get it at $.75 a cartridge which lasts me 200 shots roughly.

OP, can you provide a link to the tri-rail?

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Go for the glock. The mags won't fit in any standard pouches though.

11. Dage1

Dage1 New Member